ACCE Strategic Plan:
2019 - 2022
ACCE has experienced continued financial stability, membership and revenue growth and high member satisfaction ratings. To build on that momentum, the association is aligning our resources to enhance our programs and services and elevate the capabilities of chambers of commerce to impact the communities they serve.
This is a representation of the ACCE 2019 - 2022 strategic plan showcasing the key highlights of the plan. To see the plan in full click here.
Lenses to Sharpen Our Focus
All ACCE activities will be evaluated through two strategic lenses
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
An inclusive and diverse perspective should drive every aspect of our operation and work.
Power in Numbers and Connectivity
We're stronger together and recognize that peer-to-peer sharing is among the greatest value propositions within ACCE.
Pillars of Our Plan
Center of Excellence
ACCE will focus on innovative best practices to help chambers stay ahead of trends and prepare for future change.
- Focus on innovative best practices and resources
- Practical, tactical and relevant
- Streamlined, curated and easier to find
- Align ACCE programs and services
- Focus on economic, business, social and political trends that impact communities
- Best practices, samples, Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking, peer communities, foundations activities
- Original thought leadership
- Help chambers anticipate disruptors and perhaps disrupt our own industry
- Complete review of Certified Chamber Executive curriculum
- More programming for current and aspiring CEOs including future-focused convention keynote on "New Power"
- New ACCE Idea Lab task force will identify trends and highlight best practices
Chambers are often great at telling their member' stories, but not as strong at telling their own. ACCE will highlight chamber success stories on a larger scale.
- National platform for chamber success stories
- Complete overhaul of ACCE website and communications strategy
- Showcase how chambers are using the Horizon Influences
- Help chambers craft their narratives
- Highlight forward-leaning chamber professionals
- Promote through speaking opportunities, magazine, web content, social media, national partners
- Dialogue on the future of the "chamber brand"
- Website redesign coming in 2019
- New communications team in place to develop a new strategic communications plan
- National poll on the value of chambers coming in 2019
- More partnerships to showcase the impact chambers have in communities across the world
ACCE will develop connections, information and services to help chambers address their community's greatest challenges.
- Provide information, connections and services to help chambers address community challenges
- From transactional value to transformational leadership
- Expand training and best practice sharing to elevate capabilities of all chambers
- Talent pipeline, economic development, equity, public-private partnerships, government relations, marketing & communications, community health
- Create opportunities for like-minded chamber to collaborate and address pressing issues
- New task force focused on best practices for engaging the public sector
- Expand ACCE programming to support chamber staff professionals in key function areas
ACCE is driven to be the strongest organization it can be for staff and members.
- Improve internal processes and leverage technology to make ACCE more high tech, responsive, nimble and customizable
- Strengthen member and non-member engagement strategies
- Ensure alignment of ACCE, ACCE Foundation and Fringe Benefits, Inc.
- ACCE digital transformation underway to improve member experience, peer engagement opportunities, online learning and marketing communications
- New member engagement form now active. More comprehensive member engagement plan to be launched in 2019
- ACCE Foundation's new strategic plan focuses on aligning fundraising activities with ACCE's strategic plan.