The Regional Innovation Award recognizes organizations and alliances that are committed to building strong and vibrant communities through groundbreaking collaboration and program development. These organizations are pioneers within their region, focusing their efforts on the four principles of regional stewardship: an innovative economy, livable communities, social inclusion, and a collaborative style of governance.
This year, the Regional Innovation Award committee is specifically encouraging applications from regional initiatives that are building a better equipped workforce—preparing the region to excel in a globally competitive economy through education attainment and workforce development initiatives.
Awards Process and Criteria
The Regional Innovation Awards will be presented to either a region or organizational alliance during the awards gala at the ACCE Annual Convention. Applicants must address all of the questions on the Application.
Winners and Finalists for 2017 Regional Innovation Award
1. Program Contact and Context: Award Contact Information and a brief description of the Applicant's program.
2. Principles: Select one of the following “Principles of Regional Stewardship” on which to focus your application. Briefly describe how the applicant has made progress in this area. [Score: None. Informational only.]
3. Context: What are the particular contextual challenges or issues that make achieving progress in one or more of the Principles noteworthy? [Score: 10% of application.]
4. Innovation and Excellence: What is innovative, outstanding and/or compelling about the applicant’s efforts or approach to its mission? [Score: 35% of application.]
5. Performance: How has the applicant demonstrated performance in one or more of the regional principles, in the following three ways? [Score: 35% of application.]
6. Cohesiveness: How does the applicant’s work link to and enhance other regional objectives and strategies? [Score: 10% of application.]
7. Replicability: How might the work of the applicant be replicated, inform or benefit other regions? [Score: 10% of application.]
The award-winner will be approved by the Regional Innovation Award Committee, upon the recommendation of a judging panel that will include Advisory Board members and other expert regional practitioners.
As noted above, the judging panel will evaluate and score answers to the above questions, weighing each as follows:
For more information on the Regional Innovation Award, please contact email@example.com or 213-580-7503.