Sales Contest Rules & Regulations
- The 2020-2021 Sales Contest is open to all members directly responsible for the sale of memberships.
- Only new member personal sales are eligible for consideration in the sales contest. Sales obtained through volunteer or outsourced campaigns or secured by staff as a group are not applicable. Sales must be executed and closed by the contest participant, even if initiated by a referral from staff or volunteers.
- Only figures related to new member sales are applicable. Membership sales executed under a tiered dues structure must be adjusted so only the new membership portion of the sale are reported for purposes of the contest. Upgrades, sponsorships, and advertising dollars are not eligible.
- Eligible sales will have been made between June 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021.
- To comply with the requirement that sales be to new members only, the new member should not have been on the chamber's books as a member of the chamber during the previous 12 months before the sale.
Contestants will be divided into three categories, based on organizational dues income.
- Dues income under $500,000
- Dues income from $500,000 to $2 million
- Dues income over $2 million
How to Participate:
- A Sales Contest Entrance form must be completed and emailed to Emily Counts along with your first Sales Contest quarterly entry for the 2019-2020 year. You do not need to re-submit the form with any subsequent quarterly entries. Multiple participants from the same chamber may be entered on one form.
- Dues income will be confirmed against the information submitted with your chamber through the Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking platform. We will contact you if there are any inconsistencies in the information submitted.
- You must be a member of the Circle of Champions to participate in the sales contest. To join the Circle of Champions, either check the relevant box on the Sales Contest Entrance form, or submit an on-line Circle of Champions Membership Form.
- Quarterly sales numbers must be electronically submitted through the online submission form. Access to these forms will close at midnight the day after the deadline. For example, if the deadline is September 8, the online form will be closed at 12:00 a.m. on September 9. Deadlines will not be extended after the close date.
- Sales numbers must be submitted through the online submission form in order to qualify. Entries may not be submitted by email.
- Please round to the nearest dollar (do not use decimal points).
- Please check your numbers carefully before submitting them. Do not submit more than one set of quarterly numbers for a participant. If you have questions or believe you have made an error in submitting your quarterly numbers, please contact Emily Counts.
- Once your entry has been successfully submitted, you should receive an automated email confirmation. Please keep this email confirmation for your records.
- If you do not receive an automated email confirmation, please contact Emily Counts ASAP.
- Quarterly deadlines for 2020 - 2021 are below.
• 1st Quarter (June 1 - August 31) - September 3, 2020
• 2nd Quarter (September 1 - November 30) - December 3, 2020
• 3rd Quarter (December 1 - February 28) - March 4, 2021
• 4th Quarter (March 1 - May 31) - June 3, 2021