Bossier Chamber Earns Bragging Rights
The Bossier Chamber of Commerce in Louisiana has been recognized as one of 20 “military-friendly” chambers in the United States by the National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA). To add to the recognition, the chamber's president, Lisa Johnson, will be pictured on the cover of the November/December issue of Vetrepreneur magazine, which will feature the military-friendly chambers.
NaVOBA, in cooperation with ACCE and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, surveyed chambers across the nation and evaluated them on their work with the local military and veteran community, assistance and promotion of veteran employment, veteran business start-up programs and other initiatives. This is the first year NaVOBA has highlighted military-friendly chambers; the survey will be conducted annually.
According to a release issued by the Bossier Chamber, the chamber values its relationship with Barksdale Air Force Base and its military community. The chamber is involved in several initiatives and events, including:
- Right Start Orientation
- Air Force Global Strike Spouses Orientation
- Military Spouse Career Fair
- Monthly & Quarterly Awards: The Military Relations Committee presents awards on behalf of the businesses in Bossier/Shreveport that donate to the Airmen of the Month and Airmen of the Quarter award ceremonies
- Annual Celebrate Barksdale Reception honoring the outstanding leadership at Barksdale Air Force Base.
- Members & Military Bowling Tournament
- Preferred Military Merchant Program