2013 Life Member Award
Nominations are currently being accepted for ACCE’s Life Member Award, the chamber profession’s highest personal honor. This year’s award will be presented during ACCE’s annual convention in Oklahoma City, July 23-26. For details, visit the award’s web page.
The candidate’s chamber (current employer or chamber to which a retired candidate is most closely affiliated), must be a member in good standing of ACCE.
- All retired CEOs with 12 or more years of service, who have been out of the profession for at least one year, may be nominated for Life Member consideration, regardless of current employment status. If less than 12 years as CEO, candidate must have been out of the chamber (or related) profession for at least 18 months prior to nomination.
- A currently serving CEO of a chamber or chamber-like organization may be nominated for Life Membership if he/she has served 12 or more years as CEO. Those nominated for life membership while still serving as CEO of a chamber must be approved by the selection committee two consecutive years.
- Staff members of chambers may be eligible for Life Member nomination following full retirement from the profession after at least 20 years of service.
To Nominate Someone:
- Submit a one-page synopsis of how the nominee exemplifies the four characteristics celebrated by the Life Member Award.
- Attach the nominee’s most current biography or resume.
- In addition to the evidence of excellence in regards to the criteria, the nomination must include current contact information for the person being nominated.
- Submit all the information to ACCE by Friday, March 29.