Lyons, Co., Chamber Seeks Your Help
Last month, the community of Lyons, Co., was ravaged by flooding that washed away its roads and bridges, devastating many of this small town’s small businesses. The Lyons Chamber of Commerce, an ACCE member, is appealing to fellow chambers for financial support. 100% of the special flood relief membership dues and donations collected will be dispersed to their small businesses as cash grants to assist them through business interruption. All donations are tax deductible.
According to the Chamber’s website, they are seeking your support because:
- Insurance won’t cover many of our businesses because they weren't insured for the 1000 year flood.
- SBA disaster loans, bank programs, and all of the “typical” forms of assistance are not designed to address the needs of the small businesses that have incurred significant uninsured losses and must go for months without income.
- To-date Lyons is still without water, sewage, gas, and, in most places, electricity.
- Lyons is made up of almost 100% small family owned businesses that are falling through the cracks and face significant losses due to business interruption at the same time they are facing evacuation from their homes.
- These businesses form the backbone of Lyons’ economy. If they were to fail it would have a devastating impact on the town’s economy, jobs, schools, and residents.
Click here for more information or to donate funds.