Benchmarking and Evaluation Tools for Your Chamber
Are you looking for benchmarking information to use with your board, staff, and compensation committee? ACCE has many great tools to help! We just released a brand new PDF publication of our salary survey results for 2013-14. This publication is for sale in the ACCE Store. It includes salary information for 16 different positions and breaks down the data by total annual revenue, number of staff, number of members, and other measures. If you are only looking for CEO salary information, we also have a CEO-only publication that contains this data. The tables and graphs in both publications are easy-to-read and can be taken directly to your compensation committee for use in a meeting. For more information about our salary survey, including information about how to get free, anonymous spreadsheets of data from the salary survey, go to our Salary Survey webpage.
Does your board want to do a self-evaluation, or do they need a form to evaluate the CEO? We have examples of both that can be found through our Governance and Leadership Chamberpedia pages, under the Hiring and Assessing page. See some examples here:
- Assessing and Supporting Your Chief Executive: A BoardSource Toolkit - for purchase and download from BoardSource
- Sample CEO Evaluaton Form - Longview Chamber of Commerce
- CEO Performance Tools from Bob Harris, The Nonprofit Center
- Performance Evaluation - Chamber CEO - Using SurveyMonkey
- Performance Evaluation - Chamber CEO (Newark)
- Performance Evaluation - Chamber President & CEO (Tampa)
- Helena Area Chamber of Commerce Chamber Board Self-Assessment Tool - A spreadsheet form that a board member can use for self-evaluation.
- Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry Board Assessment Form - A PDF form useful for the evaluation of board members.
Another valuable benchmarking tool is our annual Operations Survey. The 2013-14 Operations Survey will be open for your participation from February 1st to March 1st, so stay tuned for more information in your email inbox and on our Operations Survey webpage.
Please note - for ACCE's online resources, members will need to Log in with your username and password. (Forgot your password? Click here.) Have questions, need research assistance, or want to suggest a new link or contribute to our Samples? Please email us at HERO@acce.org.