Tips and Pointers on Getting Started Using Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking
ACCE launched Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking at Convention in August 2014. The system is live and all ACCE members can access Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking now. The platform has combined the Operations Survey and Salary Survey into one easy-to-use system, available 24/7, where comparisons and reports can be instantly obtained, once data is entered.
Here are several tips and pointers on getting started with using Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking:
- Go to our Research page to access Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking along with additional information on surveys. Login with your ACCE username and password. If you don’t know it, email HERO@acce.org.
- Click here for more tips on getting started with this new survey platform or download the Quick Start Guide (pdf). An FAQ will be available shortly from our Research page.
- Support and help are always available! In Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking, click on “Support” for guides, definitions, and a Data Collection Worksheet with all the survey questions listed. Email HERO@acce.org for more help.
- Start with Section 1 – Chamber Profile and review or update your information. Think of this section as required - Data entered in this section is used for calculations throughout the platform. Select either Fiscal Year (FY) 12 or FY 2013. FY 2014 will be opened up in early November.
a. FY definition: For ACCE's surveys, we ask that you use your actual financial data ending in the fiscal year specified. As of now, because FY 2014 data collection is not open yet, for the most recent and immediate results, you will need to use FY 2013. You can also catch up and enter or review your data for FY 2012. Coming next year, the platform will provide a year-over-year comparison feature.
- Then move to Section 2 – Operations Survey and Section 3 – Salary Survey (for CEOs or their delegates; email permission to HERO@acce.org). Select either Fiscal Year 2012 or FY 2013. FY 2014 will be opened up in early November.
- When you have 50% or more of the questions answered, you can access the Compare Chambers and Reports and Charts tools for each of the survey sections and areas. Use the filters for the most accurate comparisons.
- Compare Chambers shows your chamber’s raw data and answers, metric-by-metric, for each question within the survey sections.
a. Use this to view your chamber’s answer and percentile on-screen, plotted alongside the 25th, 50th/median, and 75th percentiles.
b. Use the filters for true insight and apples-to-apples comparisons. Create your own Peer Cluster filter, which chambers you choose, using aggregate data to keep actual data anonymous.
c. View or download these stats metric-by-metric with the On-Demand charting and save as PPT or PDF. Insert into slides or reports.
d. Use the “Save As” feature to download (PDF or Excel) your responses shown with the percentiles.
- Reports and Charts shows the calculations and ratios you’ve seen in the past with our report publications for Operations Survey, Membership Statistics, and Salary Survey.
a. Select the filters to build your reports with and set your benchmarks. The Peer Cluster filter can also be applied here. Create as many different Peer Cluster groups as you’d like and re-rerun the reports to view the different benchmarks and your chamber’s activity
b. Download reports for your Chamber’s Profile, Operations Survey and Membership Statistics, and Salary reports (CEO report available now; non-CEO salary report coming soon this fall as soon as we have enough data to build reports. We need your help to get the data in here so we can get the data out for you!
c. Download the reports in PowerPoint in a matter of seconds!
- Remember that you can access Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking anytime you need to. The platform is available 24/7, 365 days per year, FREE to ACCE members. You can review/update your data and access comparisons and reports whenever you need these stats, whether for your board meetings, annual reports and plans, strategic planning, for presentations, or for reviewing your chamber’s work and activity. Use Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking as your go-to management and analysis tool.
- We welcome your testimonials, case studies, questions, and feedback. Would you like to be a part of our future Lunch and Learn Webinar Series on Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking to showcase how you’re using the platform? We want to hear from you. Email HERO@acce.org.