COVID 19 Updates
More Restart Resources
Last week, we showcased how a few chambers organized their back to work plans. We have a few more examples to share this week, but we also wanted to highlight a couple of specific areas:
Guidance to Employers: It is no surprise that chambers are being relied on as a trusted source of information by businesses seeking help as they reopen. Chambers are fielding questions, launching toolkits, holding webinars and more. Here are a few new examples:
- The Greater Kansas City Chamber: The chamber launched the #SafeReturnKC guide to help organizations reopen their workplaces in a thoughtful, safe manner. The chamber also provided training to several staff members and stood up a help desk to assist businesses with specific questions.
- Colorado: As Colorado reopens, Northern Colorado chambers have updated the NoCoRecovers.com website to share the latest guidance, including industry-specific checklists.
- Greater Louisville Inc.: GLI’s Renewal Task Force released its recommendations to reopen the regional economy this week. The recommendations outline a thoughtful, regional, phased-in approach to reopening that addresses key concerns and offers industry-specific guidance.
- Quad Cities Chamber: The chamber launched a new toolkit to help businesses navigate the new normal and ensure the safety of our region, providing guidance to safely serve your customers and accommodate your employees.
- The Mobile Area Chamber: The chamber released a guidebook of recommendations for reopening and keeping your workplace safe.
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber: The chamber released a step-by-step guide to help businesses safely reopen and ensure their employees and customers remain and feel safe.
Helping Employers Access PPE: Chambers are stepping up to help businesses obtain the personal protective equipment needed to reopen safely.
- The Greater Cleveland Partnership launched a platform to connect providers of essential supplies with buyers that continue to operate. The site also helps manufacturers interested in shifting their operations to produce high-demand supplies.
- The Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce launched a marketplace to connect businesses in need of supplies with the manufacturers producing them.
- Alabama chambers, including the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama, Business Council of Alabama and Dothan Area Chamber partnered with Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth's office to develop a personal protection equipment database for businesses to connect them to PPE suppliers.
- Liability shield for businesses emerges as new fight over reopening
- AEI: Use the $600 unemployment supplements to get people back to work
- The fear of coronavirus is changing our psychology
- DCI: The Pivot – Five Economic Development Leaders Share Post-Corona Changes
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Implementing a National Return to Work Plan
- Baton Rouge Area Chamber: Release | Plan
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce: Release | Plan
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber: Plan | Playbooks by Industry
- Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama: Playbook for Reopening Your Business
- Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce: Project Rebound