Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
ACCE DEI Resource Roundup
As communities grapple with the challenges of racial inequity, we’ve seen an uptick in questions about best practices for chambers of commerce to engage on diversity, equity and inclusion issues.
In recent updates we’ve highlighted chamber responses to the current national dialogue on racial equity. We’ve also laid out steps your chamber can take to boost your organization’s credibility and begin to take action.
This week’s ACCE Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Division roundtable call featured a discussion of actions taken in the St. Louis region following the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri in 2014. St. Louis Regional Chamber Senior Vice President of Inclusion and Talent Attraction Valerie Patton joined the call to discuss the work of the Ferguson Commission, a group of regional leaders that come together to solutions for equity in the region by addressing systemic racism.
If your chamber is exploring how it can support meaningful change in your community, the Ferguson Commission Report is a great place to turn for actionable ideas. The report includes 189 policy recommendations. There is also a follow up action plan that measures the success of the work, continued to push for policy change and establish the action strategies necessary to sustain the work. We hope these resources are helpful. You can listen to the complete call here.
Chamber Executive Articles
- The Inclusive Chamber
- Embracing the Challenge: The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Imperative for Chambers of Commerce
Recent DEI Division Roundtable Call Recordings
- Minority Business Support, Interise
- Economic Opportunity Initiatives, Greater Boston Chamber
- Supplier Diversity Programs, African American Chamber of Commerce of Western Pennsylvania and Dayton Area Chamber
Chamber Best Practice Examples
- Anchorage Chamber Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program
- Charlottesville Chamber Minority Business Alliance
- Chattanooga Area Chamber economic inclusion priorities
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Diverse by Design
- Dayton Chamber Minority Business Partnership
- Grand Rapids Chamber: Institute for Healing Racism
- Greater Akron Chamber Inclusion Summit
- Greater Boston Chamber Fierce Urgency of Now Festival
- Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Commission on Economic Inclusion Best Practices Library
- Greater Fort Wayne Inc. diversity and inclusion member expectations
- Greenville Chamber Minority Business Accelerator
- Indy Chamber’s Inclusive Growth and Incentives Strategy
- Kansas City Chamber Urban Neighborhood Initiative
- Knoxville Chamber Diversity and Inclusion Programs
- Raleigh Chamber’s Triangle Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alliance
- Louis Regional Chamber’s Business Diversity Initiative
- Tampa Bay Chamber: Minority Business Accelerator
- The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia: Evaluating Equity Study
- The Chamber for Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro Big Bold Ideas
- Tulsa Regional Chamber Mosaic initiative
What is Your Chamber Working On?
Send us updates on your diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and programs. Contact Amy Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org.