COVID 19 Updates
More #ChamberStrong Examples of Community COVID Response
This week, we continue to share a variety of examples for how chambers of commerce are supporting their communities through challenging times, from facilitating access to capital and measuring economic impact to distributing personal protective equipment and launching new initiatives to help small businesses rebound and survive.
- The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama and city of Tuscaloosa gave a final round of funding to businesses hit hard by COVID-19 -- $84,279 in funding to 38 businesses. In all 230 Tuscaloosa businesses have received funds from the $1M the city awarded to the chamber.
- The Durango Chamber in Colorado received $60,000 from a local resort and charitable foundation to launch programs to support local businesses, including educational programs and scholarships to cover chamber membership.
- The Nashville Area Chamber’s Research Center created models to forecast the economic impact to the State of Tennessee and the joint Nashville and Clarksville MSAs as a result of COVID-19. View the complete analysis here.
- The Northern Virginia Chamber launched NOVA Member Connector website to help the businesses that have been hit hardest during the COVID crisis and tell inspiring community stories.
- The Association of Washington Business and a broad coalition of employer advocates continue to urge Washingtonians to wear face coverings in public through its Stay Safe Washington initiative.
- The Santa Maria Valley Chamber is providing free personal protective equipment, including hand sanitizer, face masks and face shields, to struggling small businesses with 20 employees or fewer.
- The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce partnered with the city to launch www.LNKPPE.com, a website to help connect the community with locally sources personal protective equipment.
- The South Carolina Chamber teamed up with Duke Energy to launch a new program to help small businesses rebound and survive the COVID crisis, though targeted mentoring in crucial areas like marketing, legal support and finance.
Keep sharing your examples with us. Email Will Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org