COVID 19 Updates
Weekly Roundup 10/9/2020
Will Burns on Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:00:00 am
#ChamberStrong COVID Initiatives
- The Philadelphia Regional Recharge and Recovery Task Force, led by the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and its CEO Council for Growth, released a Phase 1 recommendations and actions report detailing the immediate actions devised to stabilize the regional economy and ensure rapid recovery when businesses reopen.
- Four chambers in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, chambers leveraged CARES Act funding to jointly develop a new program to support businesses and help them adapt to new methods to address COVID-related challenges.
- Pocatello-Chubbuck Chamber of Commerce worked with the police department to promote civility and encourage business owners and patrons to be respectful and patient with safety measures put in place to protect employees and customers.
- Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce partnered with the Community College RI Divisions of Workforce Partnerships to create a series of free courses to help displaces workers and companies that have transitioned to remote work access digital skills training to help individuals skill up.
- The Red Bluff-Tehama County Chamber of Commerce will administer grant programs to distribute $320,000 in grants to small businesses impacted by the COVID crisis and statewide stay at home orders.
- The Lindale Chamber Area Chamber created the Launch Local Festival to support businesses impacted by COVID-19 by creating an event that celebrates local companies, food, wineries and art.
- The Springfield Area Chamber launched its Education Resource Center for employers to gather as much information about school reopening as possible in one centralized location to answer questions from parents and employers alike.
- Barry Wilfahrt, CCE, IOM, President & CEO of the Grand Forks East Grand Forks Chamber of Commerce participated in an online Q&A with the Grand Forks Herald, discussing COVID-related issues and economic resilience in Grand Forks.
- The Buffalo Niagara Partnership launched the It’s Our Job campaign to promote healthy behaviors, keep businesses open, encourage consumers to shop local and help stop the spread.
- The Ponca City Chamber is holding a scavenger hunt through the month of October to increase foot traffic at local businesses and provide the community something fun to do.
- The Salina Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation launched a small business grant program to assist small businesses with loss of income due to the impacts of COVID-19 and the stay at home order.
- The Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce has partnered with the company Ritual to give member restaurants an opportunity to pivot more smoothly to an online ordering format customers can access through their phones.
- With elections around the corner and voters encouraged to vote early or absentee, the South Bend Regional Chamber posted recordings of candidate interviews for many critical local races.
- New Public Affairs Council Poll finds the public is critical of the government’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and believes the private sector has done a better job of balancing safety concerns with the need to re-open the economy. Learn more and browse other insights
- HBR: The Uncertain Future of Corporate HQs - Richard Florida explores trends around the COVID-driven rise of remote work and what it could mean for office reentry and corporate location decisions.
- RDG: In his latest blog post, Rob Radcliff explores how approaching philanthropic foundations for financial support is different from approaching corporations.
- Cushman & Wakefield: A report and webinar analyzing COVID-19’s impact on the office sector.