Economic and Community Development
Chambers Among Top ED Groups in the Nation
Chambers of Commerce operate under many different names, and can have very different mission statements. But one thing seems to be true across the board - chambers function to support and improve the business climate and economic vitality of the areas they serve.
So, it comes as no surprise that the work of chambers is consistently highlighted by top Economic Development industry publications. This week, Site Selection Magazine announced its list of Top US Economic Development Groups for 2014 as part of its May issue. Chambers and their affiliated programs made up 6 of the top 10 - and 2 more were honorable mentions.
This year's top groups were selected based on four objective criteria: jobs, capital investment, jobs per capita and investment per capita. Additional subjective criteria such as creativity of ED strategy, scope of project activity and the ability to link the EDO to real results were also considered. Those chambers recognized include:
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Pittsburgh Regional Alliance, part of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development
- Economic Futures of Spartanburg, a program of the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce
Join ACCE in congratulating these organizations on receiving recognition for their tireless efforts in support of their communities.
Tags: Economic Developmen