A policy is a plan
A policy is a plan. Any size of chamber with staffing small to large, needs personnel policies. Chambers often have practices of reviewing personnel policies and handbooks on an annual or every other year basis. Many chambers have a personnel planning committee to help with the task of reviewing policies and other personnel related matters. ACCE's Chamberpedia page on Personnel Policies lists examples of Employee Manuals & Handbooks, Workplace Violence and Safety Policies, Financial Policies, IT-related Policies, Social Media Policies, Remote/Teleworking Policies & Info, and more.
The HERO team often receives questions about social media policies and how to handle the personal use of social media while on the job. Here are several examples of chambers that address social media.
- Social Media Policy - Berkshire Chamber of Commerce
- Social Media Policy - Chester County Chamber of Busines & Industry
- Social Media Policy - Greater Killeen Chamber
- Social Media Policy - Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber
- Employee Handbook - See the Social Media Policy & Guidelines section within the Employee Handbook from St. Tammany West Chamber
Handbooks provide the guidelines your staff needs to ensure your office runs smoothly and with high standards. Here are several examples of handbooks from chambers.
- Employees' Manual - Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Policy Manual - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Employee Personnel Handbook - Greater Springfield Chamber
- Employee Handbook - Longview Area Chamber of Commerce
- Personnel Manual - Santa Rosa Chamber
- Employee Handbook - St. Tammany West Chamber
Does your chamber have a personnel policy, employee handbook, or other type of policy to share? We want to hear from you. Email us at HERO@acce.org.