Dear ACCE Membership Development Division members,
Good afternoon! Below please find some sales and membership development information you may find useful.
Message from the Membership Development Division Advisory Board
Selling to Small Businesses
Most of our chamber members fall into the category known as “small business.” I put this term in quotations because you and I both know they are not small at all. They are the backbone of our communities’ economies and the reason we all have careers as chamber professionals. However, I don’t hear many chamber professionals talk about small business trends or specific tactics to engage and support them. This article may help you understand how to present our memberships to small business owners and help them appreciate our service. Hope you enjoy. Happy spring to everyone!
Mark Field, CCE
Senior Vice President, Chamber Development
Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
Member, MDD Advisory Board
- New Membership Professional Roundtable. New to membership sales? On Wednesday, April 10, from 2 – 3 pm ET, Rebecca Wood, Director of Sales & Corporate Partnerships at the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, will present on preparing for and presenting at sales calls and overcoming common sales objections. After the presentation, there will be opportunity for discussion, brainstorming, and support, so bring your questions, challenges, and ideas. Register here. We will post a recording of this call and on our Membership Development Division page, where you can also find recordings of our other roundtables in this series.
- Webinar: Journey Maps that Improve Member Experiences. In the second of our two-part membership series led by organizational performance expert Cathi Hight, learn how to use journey maps to onboard new members, increase engagement, and build your chamber’s leadership pipeline. Register here, and check out a recording of Part 1 of this series on member personas.
- Webinar: Sponsorship Opportunities - Finding the Perfect Fit. Looking to re-think the way you structure your sponsorship program and offer sponsorship opportunities to your member businesses? The team from Greater Louisville Inc. will discuss their sponsorship program, including their annual sponsorship opportunities guide, which offers creative and flexible options for members to partner with the chamber based on their individual budgeting and marketing goals. Register here. All ACCE University webinars are recorded and posted on our webinar page.
- Connect and learn at #ACCE19. We hope to see you in Long Beach, CA on July 14 – 17 for our annual convention. We have a great schedule of educational sessions (keep checking back as we continue to update it), along with opportunities for networking, celebration, and fun. Check back often to our convention website page for more information in the coming weeks.
Sales Award updates:
- Sales Contest - in the home stretch! Current sales contest standings are available here for download. Use this form to submit your Quarter 4 sales numbers (March 1 – May 31) by the deadline, June 4, 2019. Our Sales Contest page has more details.
- Lifetime Sales Achievement Awards – get recognized! Have you reached any of the following new sales levels? If so, submit your Lifetime Sales Achievement Award recognition form no later than June 4. This is a hard deadline, so don’t delay.
- Bronze: 500 sales or $175,000 in sales
- Silver: 750 sales or $300,000 in sales
- Gold: 1000 sales or $500,000 in sales
- Platinum: 1250 sales or $750,000 in sales
- Million Dollar Circle: $1 million in sales
- Diamond: $1.5 million in sales
Questions about these awards? Contact Monique Bailey.
- Sales Training presentations available. Not able to join us at our 2019 Sales Training Conference in Dallas? Slides and handouts from many of the workshops will be available for download on our Membership Development Division page by Wednesday, April 10. Handouts from our previous sales conferences are available as well.
- What is the Samples Library? Looking for examples on transitioning to tiered dues? Or Ambassador program guidelines? What about new member orientation samples? ACCE is here to provide you access to full-text working chamber documents, presentations and forms that have been used by your peers around the world. Search the Samples Library to find the resources and best practices most relevant to your chamber’s needs.
All the best,
ACCE's Membership Development Division