Dear ACCE Membership Development Division members,
Good afternoon! Below please find some sales and membership development information that you may find useful.
Message from MDD Advisory Board:
Co-Working: What Does It Mean for Chamber Membership?
Have you seen a rise in co-working in your community as we have in Kansas City? The number of co-working locations has doubled nationally in the past three years and is forecasted to triple by 2020. This is a trend that chambers should be watching closely. Check out this recent blog post to learn more: http://blog.cushwake.com/americas/coworking-space-in-2018.html.
In the Greater Kansas City Chamber, we have welcomed this trend with open arms. We have placed the owner/creator of Plexpod, a Kansas City-based national co-working leader, in a key chamber leadership role. We have also produced joint programming and shared physical space with our co-working partners. All of these actions have been motivated by an effort to co-exist and complement our entrepreneurial eco-system, not compete with it.
What is your chamber doing to wrap your arms around this new way of working? Let’s continue this conversation online at the ACCE Membership Development and Sales LinkedIn group.
Vice President, Membership, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- New to the chamber world? We’re starting a new roundtable series just for you. Join MDD Chair Elect Kelly Fanelli for a roundtable discussion geared towards challenges faced by new membership representatives. This is an opportunity for discussion, brainstorming, and support, not a presentation – so bring your questions, challenges, and ideas! No pre-registration is necessary; more information about the call is here.
- Annual convention, July 17-20: get ready for Des Moines! Registration for #ACCE18 is open. We’re planning an exciting series of membership-related sessions, a Division-wide problem-solving roundtable session, and plenty of opportunities for networking and fun. Check back to our convention page often for updates.
News and Resources:
- Sales Contest - in the home stretch! Use this link to submit your Quarter 4 sales numbers (March 1 – May 31) by the deadline, June 4, 2018. Current sales contest standings and more information about the contest are available on our Sales Contest page.
- Sales Training presentations available. Not able to join us at our 2018 Sales Training Conference in Charleston? Slides and handouts from many of the workshops are available for download here. Slides from previous sales trainings are also available on this page.
- HERO’s (Help Expertise Resources Online) top four MDD resources for spring 2018:
- The Membership Retention and Tiered Dues Chamberpedia pages have been recently updated with new resources, including FAQs such as:
- Are there examples of chambers who have changed their membership model to include an a la carte feature that is inclusive of non-members?
- Do you have samples and guidance on Member Surveys?
- New chamber examples have been added to the Samples Library, including entries from the 2017 Awards for Communications Excellence (ACE), 2017 Chamber of the Year winners’ application content, tiered dues schedules, sponsorship examples, and YP marketing materials.
- Benchmark your chamber’s membership statistics in Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking (DCB) under the Operations Survey section. All chambers can participate in the survey questions and then go to “Reports and Charts” to download their chambers’ individual customized slide decks comparing membership stats to nearest peers. Need help? Check out the Working with DCB page.
- HERO can help you find more resources and chamber examples. Ask ACCE, email us (HERO@acce.org), give us a call (703-998-3524), find us on chat in DCB M-F, or schedule a web-meeting with us.
All the best,
ACCE’s Membership Development Division