Dear ACCE Membership Development Division members,
Good morning! Below please find some sales and membership development information that you may find useful.
News and updates:
- Membership awards – in the home stretch. Fourth quarter numbers for our annual Sales Contest are due on Friday, June 2. Lifetime Achievement Award applications are due on the same day. We will be strict with this deadline, so please don’t delay! Use this link to submit your fourth quarter sales contest numbers, and this form to apply for the Lifetime Achievement Award. Take a look at our Sales Contest and Lifetime Achievement awards You can also contact Susan McGuire for information about our sales contest, and Michelle Vegliante about the Lifetime Achievement Award program.
- ACCE webinars – recordings available. We’ve had a busy spring webinar season! Check out our webinar page for recordings of our webinars on benchmarking, effective chamber dashboard reports, advice from chamber executives who led their chambers to exciting new levels of membership, engagement, and community impact (“Tales of Renewal”), and our quarterly ACCE website etour.
- Sales tips from sales champions. Our May membership roundtable call featured tips and advice led by a panel of top Sales Contest finishers. Check out the recording on our Membership Development Division page (scroll down to Roundtable Calls). Our next roundtable will be scheduled for fall 2017. Stay tuned for more details! If you have an idea for a future roundtable or would like to lead one, please let Susan McGuire know.
- Sales Training 2017 – it’s a wrap. It was great to learn and network with so many of you at our March Sales Training. If you weren’t there (or if you were), our recent ACCE blog post reviews some of the highlights. Available sales training presentations can be downloaded from our Membership Development Division page (scroll down to Available 2017 Sales Training Presentation Handouts). You can find presentations from our 2015 and 2016 trainings there as well.
- Plug in – Nashville 2017. We are planning an exciting set of membership-related sessions at our annual convention on July 16-19, including an encore session of our sales and membership problem-solving roundtables and a new emphasis on the Horizon Initiative and its eight trends. Take a look at this handy membership session summary, or check out the full workshop schedule. We hope to see you in Nashville!
- Breaking news! Our third annual Chamber Events Training conference will take place on October 26-27, 2017, in Atlanta. If you or your colleagues are tasked with creating memorable, unique, and mission-oriented chamber events, take a look at our event page. If you have a great idea for a session, please respond to our Call for Speakers by June 9. We’d love to hear about it.
We are transitioning from our quarterly newsletter to this more frequent, shorter update (to be sent out 6 – 8 times/year). More information about ACCE’s Membership Development Division and membership sales resources are available on our division website page. Questions? Contact Susan McGuire.
All the best,
ACCE’s Membership Development Division