ACCE's 2019 Events Training Conference will be held at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs, located at 86 Congress Street, Saratoga Springs, New York, on October 17-18, 2019. Registration will open in June 2019.
The conference is designed for chamber of commerce staff responsible for planning and running distinctive and memorable chamber events. We will welcome both new and more experienced events professionals from chambers of all sizes across the nation. We are seeking presenters for general sessions (50 participants) and workshops (20-30 participants), along with facilitators for small-group peer sharing and learning (10-20 participants). We are seeking both presenters and experienced small-group facilitators for our conference.
We are particularly interested in sessions or discussions on the following topics:
- Creative, out-of-the-box ideas for wowing your event participants
- Resources for finding good and affordable speakers
- Events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion; talent attraction; or economic development
- Event trends
- Keeping awards programs lively and interesting
- Tips, tricks, and incentives to encourage RSVPs and early registration, and increasing event attendance
- Game-changing initiatives in young professional (YP) programs and turning YPs into lifelong chamber members
- Technology and apps for event management and enhancing the attendee experience
- Event sponsors: engaging them, recognizing them, recruiting new sponsors
- Revenue-generating events
- Innovative community events
- Best practices for events communications and marketing, including social media
- Enhancing or updating iconic chamber of commerce events such as annual dinners/banquets, golf tournaments, and networking mixers
Proposed sessions or small group discussions on other relevant subjects are welcome and invited. We also welcome new ideas and innovative session formats to make learning experiences interactive, fun, and engaging. Presenters and facilitators should be experienced in chamber event planning and management. Where appropriate, we will divide the group into learning groups based on chamber size.
Several interest areas are listed below. If your proposed session does not fit any of the listed categories, choose one that is close and use the "program description" box to explain why attendees would want to hear your presentation.
Please be sure to include a description of your qualifications below. If you are a chamber professional, please also include a short description of your chamber's events program. If you are not a chamber professional, please indicate that. Thank you!
Submissions are due no later than Friday, May 17, 2019.
We will respond to proposals in late May or early June 2019.