Communications and Marketing
Management guru Peter Drucker said "your effectiveness depends on your ability to reach others through the spoken and written word.” How your chamber communicates with stakeholders and outsiders influences not only all of your initiatives but also your brand--your community's overall perception of your chamber.
→ Learn more about ACCE's Communications and Marketing Division
and check the ACE Awards Gallery
for examples of award-winning chamber communications efforts.
Communications & Marketing Specific Topics
Articles - General Interest Communications & Marketing
Convention & Seminar Resources
- Communications and Marketing Track Pack (5 Sessions). Captured live from the 2016 ACCE Annual Convention in Savannah. Duration: 3 hours, 36 minutes. Cost: $49 for 1 year of unlimited access for your entire staff. Sessions include:
- Reframing Your Pitch for Diverse Audiences: 2016 ACCE Convention eCourse. Are your membership recruitment strategies, communications materials, and methods of engagement keeping up with the shifting needs of your community? Learn how adapting your message for new and different audiences will help keep your chamber relevant and sustainable. Duration: 1 hour, 4 minutes. Cost: $15 for 1 year of unlimited access for all your chamber staff.
- Think Like a Journalist - Presentation and additional resources from Michelle West of ChamberSpeak, from the ACCE 2015 Annual Convention
- 2014 Communications & Marketing Track Pack from the 2014 ACCE Annual Convention, available for purchase through the ACCE Store, includes tracks on:
- High Impact Marketing on a Small Budget
- Marketing Automation: The Commerce of Tomorrow
- Using Social Media to Gain New Members
- Four Profiles: Membership Development & Communication for Chambers
- Online Event Marketing
- Civility Now - Presentation by Lindy Broderick, CCE, CAE, Executive Vice President, Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, from the ACCE 2014 Annual Convention
- Marketing & Messaging Track Pack (4 Sessions) from the 2013 ACCE Annual Convention, available for purchase through the ACCE Store
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
| Communications and MarketingLast Updated: 8/10/2017