We must adequately prepare our students for post-secondary education attainment and 21st century careers to meet the economic challenges of the coming decades. Business leaders need the future workforce to engage in Deeper Learning, meaning they are mastering core academic content while also learning how to think critically, collaborate, communicate effectively, direct their own learning, and see the relevance of their schoolwork to success in the real world. Chambers can lead collaborative efforts in their communities to address pressing educational issues, better leverage resources and have a measurable impact. ACCE's Education & Talent Development Division (ETDD) exists to help address the business community's desire for better educational outcomes and to strengthen their position as the strongest voice regarding the need for a highly skilled workforce to meet the demands of our global economy.
The Education & Talent Development Division will improve the capacity of chambers to engage their business communities to have a measurable and sustainable impact on cradle-to-career education and workforce development outcomes.
Read about the eight principles that the ETDD is built upon, compiled from a discussion among 100 members of the Metro and Major Cities Councils
Program of Work
Read more about Education & Talent Development Division programs, including the Education Self-Assessment, Award for Education Attainment, ACCE Fellowship, Regional Innovation Award, and Convention Workshops.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - March 17, 2021
- This open roundtable discussion covered topics of talent attraction efforts, recovery act funding distribution and best practices for new practitioners. Saved chat
- ETD Division Webinar: Funding Community Impact Through Your Chamber Foundation - February 2, 2021
- On this webinar, Mark Wilson, President & CEO of the Florida Chamber of Commerce, shares his expertise on how to leverage your foundation to make an impact and be the convener in your community. You can view the presentation slides and saved chat.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - January 12, 2021
- This open roundtable discussion covered topics of what internship programs look like this year, parent engagment strategies, funding solutions, and innovative program solutions. Saved chat and Greater Phoenix Chamber's Externship Report
- ETD Division Webinar: Education and Talent Trends | Looking Back and Looking Forward - December 10, 2020
- On this webinar, Tom Keily and Lexi Anderson from Education Commission of the States shared information about key trends in education and workforce policy. You can view the saved chat and the presentation slides.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - November 18, 2020
- This open roundtable discussion covered topics of addressing the digital divide, equity in communities and new investments in systematic change. Saved chat
- ETD Division Webinar - November 9, 2020
- ETD Division Webinar - October 29, 2020
- On this webinar, Kathy Zandona, Senior Vice President Network Strategy and Development, The Graduate! Network; Mary Gwen Wheeler, Executive Director, 55,000 Degrees; and Jessie Schook, Director of Education and Workforce Connectivity, Greater Louisville Inc. will share insights on creating equitable pathways to high skilled careers. Saved chat.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - September 17, 2020
- This open roundtable discussion covered topics of school reopening, pivoting work based learning, how to do virtual career exploration, and managing business and education committees. Saved chat.
- ETD Division Webinar - August 20, 2020
- On this webinar, Jodi Grant, executive director of the Afterschool Alliance, Heidi Brasher, senior director, product line cohorts, strategy and innovation for YMCA of the USA and Tari Jones, program director of Youth Quest at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce will share insights on supporting students in the afterschool space during this difficult time. Saved chat, presentation slides and blueprint for supporting afterschool during COVID-19.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - July 28, 2020
- This open roundtable discussion covered topics of school reopening and how to support schools, upskilling unemployed individuals and attracting remote workers. Saved chat
- ETD Division Webinar - June 23, 2020
- Phillip Lovell, Vice President of Policy Development and Government Relations at the Alliance for Excellent Education, shared All4Ed's research on the topic and gave insights on proposed policies to address the gap. Then a panel of superintendents gave insight into how they are addressing the divide in their communities. Saved chat
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - June 10, 2020
- ETD Division Webinar - May 28, 2020
- Mike Slocum, Executive Director of Indiana INTERNnet at the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, will discuss the tools they are providing for employers to take internships virtual and the ways they have surveyed and engaged the business and education communities in these efforts. The accompanying slide deck and employer survey.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - April 16, 2020
- Kate Lee of the South Bend Regional Chamber (Ind.) and Kent Ballard of the Huntsville/Madison Chamber of Commerce (Ala.) shared how they have pivoted from in-person career fairs to virtual events. The group split into two breakout rooms to continue the conversation. You can listen to those breakout conversations here and here.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - March 26, 2020
- Kara Webb of Greater Lafayette Commerce (Ind.) and Peter Beard of the Greater Houston Partnership led a discussion on how sectors are filling their worker shortages, how companies are trying to maintain their workforces, and approaches for upskilling/reskilling workers in the near term and coming out of the economic downturn.
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - February 27, 2020
- Discussion on community college partnerships led by Nicole Walrath, Workforce Director at the Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce and Elizabeth Caudill McClain Managing Director of Higher Education and Workforce at the Dallas Regional Chamber
- Chat conversation from the call
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - January 23, 2020
- Discussion on career readiness led by Gary Laird, President of the Hanover Area Chamber and Linda DiMario, Executive Vice President of Economic Development and Tourism at the Greater Irvine Chamber
- ETD Division Webinar - 2019 Education Policy Trends - December 10, 2019
- ETD Division Webinar - Preparing for the Future of Work - November 6, 2019
- Discussion of what chambers can do to help prepare for the changing world of work with Chauncy Lennon, Ph.D., Vice President for the Future of Learning and Work, Lumina Foundation
- Click here to see the presentation slides
- ETD Division Roundtable Call - October 9, 2019
More Division Information
To learn more about ACCE's Education and Talent Development Division, contact Amy Shields at (703) 998-3530 or Edgar Castillo at (213) 580-7503.