Emerging Cities Council
The Emerging Cities Council is for selected chamber CEOs that typically run the main chamber in small to mid-sized cities. Members of this group communicate via a group email list and occasional conference calls (archived below). In-person meetings occur regularly, perhaps twice a year. Additional meetings and interchanges may occur at the regional level and can possibly include a senior staff person at the group's approval. Membership in the group is on a case-by-case basis; while many chambers qualify according to the demographics, overall group size hovers around 40.
Demographics for the group include:
- Participants: CEOs
- Chamber membership: Membership of about 1,000
- Community: Population of metro/greater area of 100,000 - 250,000
- Chamber revenue: about $750,000
- Chamber competitive geography: Largest chamber in region to allow for open peer-to-peer dialogue
Emerging Cities Conference Calls/Webinars
- January 2019 - Dues Structure Elimination, Tom Baldrige, President/CEO Lancaster Chamber of Commerce
- February 2019 - Workforce Housing/NIMBY Jamboree, Chris Romer, President/CEO Vail Valley Partnership
- March 2019 - Business Leads Fellowship Program - Haley Ast, Manager, Programs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- May 2019 - Leverage Your Foundation to Increase Gross Revenue and Services to the Community - Dave Adkisson, President and CEO, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- June 2019 - Compensation/Bonus Structure - Cathy Burwell, President and CEO, Helena Area Chamber of Commerce
- September 2019 - The Value of SIMSOC to Community Leadership Programs - Brent Henley, The Pyramid Group
Contact Tenja Young if you're interested in more information.
ACCE thanks Funding Solutions for its support of the Emerging Cities Council.