Emerging Cities Council
The Emerging Cities Council is for selected chamber CEOs that typically run the main chamber in small to mid-sized cities. Members of this group communicate via a group email list and occasional conference calls (archived below). In-person meetings occur regularly, perhaps twice a year. Additional meetings and interchanges may occur at the regional level and can possibly include a senior staff person at the group's approval. Membership in the group is on a case-by-case basis; while many chambers qualify according to the demographics, overall group size hovers around 40.
Demographics for the group include:
- Participants: CEOs
- Chamber membership: Membership of about 1,000
- Community: Population of metro/greater area of 100,000 - 250,000
- Chamber revenue: about $750,000
- Chamber competitive geography: Largest chamber in region to allow for open peer-to-peer dialogue
Emerging Cities Conference Calls/Webinars
- January 2019 - Dues Structure Elimination, Tom Baldrige, President/CEO Lancaster Chamber of Commerce
- February 2019 - Workforce Housing/NIMBY Jamboree, Chris Romer, President/CEO Vail Valley Partnership
- March 2019 - Business Leads Fellowship Program - Haley Ast, Manager, Programs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- May 2019 - Leverage Your Foundation to Increase Gross Revenue and Services to the Community - Dave Adkisson, President and CEO, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- June 2019 - Compensation/Bonus Structure - Cathy Burwell, President and CEO, Helena Area Chamber of Commerce
Contact Tenja Young if you're interested in more information.
ACCE thanks Funding Solutions for its support of the Emerging Cities Council.