Emerging Cities Council
The Emerging Cities Council is for selected chamber CEOs that typically run the main chamber in small to mid-sized cities. Members of this group communicate via a group email list and monthly conference calls (archived below). In-person meetings occur regularly, perhaps twice a year. Additional meetings and interchanges may occur at the regional level and can possibly include a senior staff person at the group's approval.
Demographics for the group include:
- Participants: CEOs
- Chamber membership: Membership of about 1,000
- Community: Population of metro/greater area of 100,000 - 250,000
- Chamber revenue: about $750,000
Emerging Cities Conference Calls/Webinars
- January 2020 - Communicate Value as Chambers and Creating Clear Messaging, Jonathan Packer, SVP Customer Experience, Austin Chamber of Commerce
- February 2020 - Economic Development Programs, Henry Florsheim, IOM, President/CEO, Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce
- March 2020 - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Initiatives, Kenneth James, Director of Inclusion at the Grand Rapids (MI) Chamber
- May 2020 - Best Practices and How Chambers are Adapting/Evolving to Remain Relevant Post-Pandemic, Sheree Anne Kelly, President & CEO, ACCE
- July 2020 - Roundtable Updates: COVID-19 Effects, RaDonna Hessell, CEO, Grapevine CoC, TX
- August 2020 - Business Not-As-Usual in the COVID-19 Pandemic Era, Cory Halliburton, Esq., Weycer, Kaplan, Pulaski & Zuber, P.C.
- October 2020 - Innovative Revenue Ideas, RaDonna Hessell, CEO, Grapevine CoC, TX, recording and public chat
- January 2019 - Dues Structure Elimination, Tom Baldrige, President/CEO Lancaster Chamber of Commerce
- February 2019 - Workforce Housing/NIMBY Jamboree, Chris Romer, President/CEO Vail Valley Partnership
- March 2019 - Business Leads Fellowship Program - Haley Ast, Manager, Programs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- May 2019 - Leverage Your Foundation to Increase Gross Revenue and Services to the Community - Dave Adkisson, President and CEO, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- June 2019 - Compensation/Bonus Structure - Cathy Burwell, President and CEO, Helena Area Chamber of Commerce
- September 2019 - The Value of SIMSOC to Community Leadership Programs - Brent Henley, The Pyramid Group
- October 2019 - OneVoice Process/Fly-in Logistics - Elizabeth Osburn, SVP, Government Affairs, Tulsa Regional CoC
Contact Tenja Young if you're interested in more information.