Through creative events, chambers provide business networking opportunities, promote and enhance community and economic development, facilitate professional development and training, and generate organizational revenue. ACCE’s Events Division provides practical information and resources for chamber event planning professionals and opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and networking.
Join our new Facebook group just for ACCE chamber event professionals!
- To join, click here and your request will be approved shortly.
2019 Events Training Conference
- Registration is OPEN for our fall 2019 Events Training Conference, to be held on October 17-18, 2019 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Check this page to register, book your hotel room, and review our conference agenda.
- Don't wait - Early Bird registration ends September 17! Our hotel block is open through September 19 or when sold out, whichever is earlier.
- Questions? Contact Susan McGuire.
- Download handouts from our past conferences here.
Other fall 2019 events:
- Webinar: Chamber Event Planning 101 – Let’s Get Started, November 7, 2019, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET. Calling all new event planners! This webinar will provide you with the tools, advice, and strategies you need to get and stay organized. We’ll discuss how to create realistic timelines and checklists and ways to prepare and work your budget to maximize dollars raised. Register here.
Division-wide roundtable call, November 19, 2019, 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm ET. Join fellow ACCE events professionals for this best practice-sharing roundtable conference call, led by Colleen Schipsi and Keegan Aalderink of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce. Colleen and Keegan will share and lead a discussion on chamber networking events. No pre-registration needed; for call-in information, see the ACCE event page.
Have an idea for a roundtable call or webinar? Let us know!
Recorded division roundtable calls
- September 25, 2019: Led by Alex Finney of the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, on post-event surveys.
- May 14, 2019: Led by Colleen Schipsi and Keegan Aalderink of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, on chamber of commerce annual meetings.
- November 13, 2018: Led by Carole Chambers, President & CEO of the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, on Metro-Wide Mentoring for Women event.
2019-2020 Events Division Advisory Board
- Paige Anderson, Director of Events, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ebony Austin, Events and Special Programs Director, Greenville Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
- Sydney Doctor, Director of Events, Greater Louisville Inc., SDoctor@greaterlouisville.com
- Colleen Schipsi, Program Manager, Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Vance, President & CEO, Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce, Melissa@WCAreaChamber.org
To inquire about the Events Division, contact Susan McGuire at email@example.com. You can also update your profile status online to receive Division communications.