Through creative events, chambers provide business networking opportunities, promote and enhance community and economic development, facilitate professional development and training, and generate organizational revenue. ACCE’s Events Division provides practical information and resources for chamber event planning professionals and opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and networking.
Join our new Facebook group just for ACCE chamber event professionals!
- To join, click here and your request will be approved shortly.
2019 Events Training Conference
- Thank you to everyone who participated. You can download handouts from the conference here. We will announce the date and location for our fall 2020 conference in the first quarter of 2020.
Upcoming fall 2019 events:
Webinar, December 12, 2019, 2 pm ET, "Your New CRM – Choices, Challenges, and Rewards." Presenters from small and larger chambers will share how they evaluated and selected their new software, overcame technical and staffing challenges, and launched new systems that have helped their teams increase membership sales, promote member engagement, and improve customer service. Register here!
Have an idea for a roundtable call or webinar? Let us know!
Recorded division roundtable calls
- November 19, 2019: Led by Colleen Schipsi and Keegan Aalderink of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, on networking events.
- September 25, 2019: Led by Alex Finney of the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, on post-event surveys.
- May 14, 2019: Led by Colleen Schipsi and Keegan Aalderink of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, on chamber of commerce annual meetings.
- November 13, 2018: Led by Carole Chambers, President & CEO of the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, on Metro-Wide Mentoring for Women event.
2019-2020 Events Division Advisory Board
- Paige Anderson, Director of Events, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ebony Austin, Events and Special Programs Director, Greenville Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
- Sydney Doctor, Director of Events, Greater Louisville Inc., SDoctor@greaterlouisville.com
- Colleen Schipsi, Program Manager, Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Vance, President & CEO, Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce, Melissa@WCAreaChamber.org
To inquire about the Events Division, contact Susan McGuire at email@example.com. You can also update your profile status online to receive Division communications.