Through creative events, chambers provide business networking opportunities, promote and enhance community and economic development, facilitate professional development and training, and generate organizational revenue. ACCE’s Events Division provides practical information and resources for chamber event planning professionals and opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and networking.
2020 Events Training Conference
ACCE's annual events training conference is going virtual! On November 5 and 6, 2020, from noon to 4 pm ET each day, ACCE event planning peers will gather to explore creative solutions meeting the challenges of COVID-19 and other trends impacting chamber gatherings. Registration for the conference opens in August. For more information, check out our event page.
If you have a great idea for a conference presentation, we want to hear about it! Please submit a session proposal here. Questions? Contact Susan McGuire.
Join our Events Division Facebook Group
- Click here, and your request will be approved shortly.
Calling all Young Professionals Program Organizers!
We are re-launching our community group for chamber team members who run Young Professionals programs, and will be scheduling quarterly roundtable calls for 2020-2021.
- Click here to join our YP mailing list and let us know the questions and topics you would like to share and explore within this group.
- Click here to join our YP program organizers Facebook group.
Calling all Intercity Visit Organizers!
We have a community group for chamber team members that plan and execute their community's Intercity Visit, and will be scheduling quarterly roundtables calls for 2020-2021.
- Click here to join our Intercity Visit Organizers mailing list. Let us know if you have any questions and topics you would like to share and explore within this group.
- Click here for past calls and recordings. Click here for our intercity visit chamberpedia pages.
ACCE is here to support you, your chamber teams, and communities.
- Recordings and resources:
- All-division calls on COVID-19:
- Webinars and more:
- You will need to log into your ACCE account to access the above resources. If you can't remember your login information, retrieve it here.
- Other resources:
- Resource guide with relevant links, samples, and templates. If you have samples or information to contribute, or questions about available resources, please reach out to our AskACCE team.
- Weekly update on chamber responses to COVID-19, from CEO community peer group and division calls.
Recorded Division Roundtable Calls
- February 26, 2020: Led by Melissa Vance of the Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce, on workforce development events.
- November 19, 2019: Led by Colleen Schipsi and Keegan Aalderink of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, on networking events.
- September 25, 2019: Led by Alex Finney of the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, on post-event surveys.
- May 14, 2019: Led by Colleen Schipsi and Keegan Aalderink of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, on chamber of commerce annual meetings.
- November 13, 2018: Led by Carole Chambers, President & CEO of the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, on Metro-Wide Mentoring for Women event.
Have an idea for a roundtable call or webinar? Let us know!
2020 -2021 Division Advisory Board
- Paige Anderson, Director of Events, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
- Rosa Cavazos, Vice President of Resource Development and Events, Greater Topeka Partnership, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cally D'Angelo, Senor Director of Membership Services and Small Business Initiatives, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
- Sydney Doctor, Director of Events, Greater Louisville Inc., SDoctor@greaterlouisville.com
- Andrew Gorman, Director of Special Events, San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ainsley Johnston, Event Manager, Greensboro Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
- Colleen Schipsi, IOM, Program Manager, Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Vance, President & CEO, Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce, Melissa@WCAreaChamber.org
To inquire about the Events Division, contact Susan McGuire at email@example.com. You can also update your profile status online to receive Division communications.