Government Affairs Division
The success of any chamber depends heavily on the effectiveness of its government relations and political programs at the state and local levels. The Government Relations Division enhances the professional and technical expertise of chamber of commerce professionals charged with the government relations responsibility. Division participants share perspectives of what issues are on the horizon.
- Constructing the government relations framework.
- Lobbying techniques and strategies for addressing the issues.
- Development and management of grassroots initiatives and lobbying efforts.
- Relationship building with federal, state and local officials.
- Communications of policy issues to the chamber constituencies and maximization of the effectiveness of the chamber membership.
- Public opinion polls and research methods of public policy effects on the local economy.
- December 1, 2020 roundtable call recording, featuring Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) discussing the Endless Frontier Act, an initiative to solidify the United States’ leadership in scientific and technological innovation through increased investments in the discovery, creation, and commercialization of technology fields of the future.
To inquire about the Government Relations Division, contact Will Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-998-3571 with your question. You can also update your profile status online to receive Division communications.