Membership Development Division
Your dynamic resource providing solutions for your everyday needs, strategies for long term initiatives and a continuing commitment to your professional development.
Membership Development Division (MDD) resources include:
- Membership development education, including programs offered at ACCE's Annual Convention and Sales Training Conferences.
- A regular e-newsletter with helpful information and trends affecting the discipline.
- The Circle of Champions Sales Contest and Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Our annual sales mentorship program for newer sales professionals.
ACCE is here to support you, your chamber teams, and communities in this current crisis.
- Resource guide with relevant links, samples, and templates. If you have samples or information to contribute, or questions about available resources, please reach out to our AskACCE team.
- Notes and related information from CEO community peer group calls held the week of March 16.
- Division roundtable calls:
- March 24 call recording and notes from our March 24 all-division call on COVID-19.
- April 1 call recording. Notes will be posted soon.
- You'll need to log into your ACCE account to access the above resources. If you can't remember your login information, retrieve it here.
- Template for communication extending date for membership renewal.
Sales Training Conference
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2020 conference in Lexington! Available presentation slides and handouts are available on our conference event page.
Presentations from past Sales Training Conferences are available here.
2020 Sales Mentorship Program
Thank to you all who applied for our 2020 sales mentorship program. Applications for our 2021 program will open in December 2020. Questions? Contact Susan McGuire at email@example.com.
Circle of Champions
Learn more about the Circle of Champions awards programs:
Webinar, Selecting and Coaching Your Team to Success, Part 2, April 29, 2 - 2:30 pm. Take a break to learn from the best in chamber sales team management. In the second of two short webinars, Mark Field, CCE, IOM, will share effective strategies for creating and maintaining a motivated and productive sales team, including setting expectations, training and coaching, and rewarding success.
Register here. If you have questions, please contact Susan McGuire. Listen to Part 1 of this series here. All ACCE University webinars are recorded and posted on our webinar page.
Highlights for New Membership Professionals
- New Membership Professional Roundtable Series
- Sales Training Conference Presentations
- Webinar recordings
- Articles from chamber membership consultant Cathi Hight
- And when you are ready for more - Membership Sales Chamberpedia page
Division-Wide Roundtable Calls
February 19, 2020 - Setting membership goals
December 4, 2019 - Strategic member referrals
October 2, 2019 - First-year member retention and renewals
May 15, 2019 - Selling using the DISC personality test
February 20, 2019 - Sales Compensation Strategies
December 12, 2018 - Building an Ongoing Campaign
October 3, 2018 - Bringing in Larger Members
May 14, 2018 - Dues Revenue Models
Feb 6, 2018 - Sales Challenges
Dec 6, 2017 - Mission-Based Sales
Sept 12, 2017 - Sales Closing Techniques
May 17, 2017 - Sales Tips from Sales Contest Winners
Feb 7, 2017 - Sales Tips from Sales Contest winners
Mar 16, 2016 - Ambassador Programs
May 19, 2015 - Social Media
June 16, 2015 - Membership Retention
Oct 22, 2015 - Use of Data in Membership Development and Retention