Membership Development Division
Your dynamic resource providing solutions for your everyday needs, strategies for long term initiatives and a continuing commitment to your professional development.
Membership Development Division (MDD) resources include:
- Membership development education, including programs offered at ACCE's Annual Convention and Sales Training Conferences.
- A regular e-newsletter with helpful information and trends affecting the discipline.
- The Circle of Champions Sales Contest and Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Our annual sales mentorship program for newer sales professionals.
ACCE is here to support you, your chamber teams, and communities in this crisis and the new post-COVID world.
- Recordings and notes:
- All-division calls on COVID-19
- You will need to log into your ACCE account to access the above resources. If you can't remember your login information, retrieve it here.
- Other resources:
- Weekly updates on chamber strategies and responses to COVID-19.
- Resource guide with relevant links, samples, and templates. If you have samples or information to contribute, or questions about available resources, please reach out to our AskACCE team.
- Best practices and templates for membership renewals.
Sales Training Conference
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2020 conference in Lexington! Available presentation slides and handouts and presentations from the 2015 through 2020 conferences are available here.
Circle of Champions
Learn more about the Circle of Champions awards programs:
Highlights for New Membership Professionals
- This collection of resources may be particularly helpful to membership professionals who are new to chamber membership sales or sales in general. Learn how to set yourself up for success, by understanding how to get referrals, build your pipeline, organize your time, schedule and run productive sales calls, and close confidently.
- Our annual Sales Mentorship Program partners newer membership professionals with more seasoned counterparts from like-sized chambers, for informal advice and feedback. Applications for our 2021 program will open in December 2020. Questions? Contact Susan McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Division-Wide Roundtable Calls
February 19, 2020 - Setting membership goals
December 4, 2019 - Strategic member referrals
October 2, 2019 - First-year member retention and renewals
May 15, 2019 - Selling using the DISC personality test
February 20, 2019 - Sales Compensation Strategies
December 12, 2018 - Building an Ongoing Campaign
October 3, 2018 - Bringing in Larger Members
May 14, 2018 - Dues Revenue Models
Feb 6, 2018 - Sales Challenges
Dec 6, 2017 - Mission-Based Sales
Sept 12, 2017 - Sales Closing Techniques
May 17, 2017 - Sales Tips from Sales Contest Winners
Feb 7, 2017 - Sales Tips from Sales Contest winners