Membership Development Division
Your dynamic resource providing solutions for your everyday needs, strategies for long term initiatives and a continuing commitment to your professional development.
Membership Development Division (MDD) resources include:
- Membership development education, including programs offered at ACCE's Annual Convention and Sales Training Conferences.
- A regular e-newsletter with helpful information and trends affecting the discipline.
- The Circle of Champions Sales Contest and Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Our annual sales mentorship program for newer sales professionals.
Save the Date
Our 2021 Sales Training Conference will be held virtually on March 11 and 12, 2021. More information about the conference can be found on our event page. If you are interested in presenting at the conference, we would love to hear from you! Information and our Call for Presenters form can be found here. Session proposals are due by January 8, 2021.
2020 Recordings and Resources
Find recordings of our 2020 all-division calls, webinars, and related resources here.
- All-division roundtable calls:
- November 18 (revenue and investor strategies for 2021), recording, saved chat, pre-bill letter, pre-pay infographic, Knoxville Path to Prosperity one-pager, Conway Area Chamber Pipeline Guidelines, Conway Area Chamber Pipeline Application
- October 21 (recruiting and engaging minority businesses), recording, saved chat, and Grand Rapids Chamber example
- August 25 (investment campaigns to support chamber mission), recording, presentation slides and saved chat
- June 23 (small chamber challenges), recording and saved chat
- May 28 (revenue models and non-dues revenue generation), recording and saved chat
- May 20 (forecasting revenue and non-dues revenue generation), recording and saved chat
- April 21, recording and saved chat
- April 1, recording and notes
- March 24, recording and notes
- February 19 (setting membership goals), recording and resource
- New Membership Sales Playbook, Part 3 - Retention, recording and slides
- New Membership Sales Playbook, Part 2 - Non-Dues Revenue, recording and slides
- New Membership Sales Playbook, Part 1 - New Sales, recording, chat, and resources
- Affinity Programs Providing Revenue and Member Value, recording, slides, and resources
- 60 Sponsorship Ideas in 60 Minutes, sponsored by YGM Total Resource Campaigns, LLC, recording and notes
- Selling in the Age of Covid, recording, slides, and resources
- Monetizing Virtual Events, recording, slides, and resources
- Motivating and Managing Your Sales Team in a Crisis, recording, slides, and resources
- Demonstrating Member Value in a Crisis, recording and slides
- You will need to log into your ACCE account to access the above resources. If you can't remember your login information, retrieve it here.
- Other resources:
- Weekly updates on chamber strategies and responses to COVID-19.
- Resource guide with relevant links, samples, and templates. If you have samples or information to contribute, or questions about available resources, please reach out to our AskACCE team.
- Best practices and templates for membership renewals.
Circle of Champions
Learn more about our Circle of Champions awards programs:
Highlights for New Membership Professionals
- This collection of resources may be particularly helpful to membership professionals who are new to chamber membership sales or sales in general. Learn how to set yourself up for success, by understanding how to get referrals, build your pipeline, organize your time, schedule and run productive sales calls, and close confidently.
- Our annual Sales Mentorship Program partners newer membership professionals with more seasoned counterparts from like-sized chambers, for informal advice and feedback. Applications for our 2021 program will open in December 2020. Questions? Contact Susan McGuire at email@example.com.
Roundtable Calls (2017-2019)
December 4, 2019 - Strategic member referrals
October 2, 2019 - First-year member retention and renewals
May 15, 2019 - Selling using the DISC personality test
February 20, 2019 - Sales Compensation Strategies
December 12, 2018 - Building an Ongoing Campaign
October 3, 2018 - Bringing in Larger Members
May 14, 2018 - Dues Revenue Models
Feb 6, 2018 - Sales Challenges
Dec 6, 2017 - Mission-Based Sales
Sept 12, 2017 - Sales Closing Techniques
May 17, 2017 - Sales Tips from Sales Contest Winners
Feb 7, 2017 - Sales Tips from Sales Contest winners