ACCE is conducting a video contest, sponsored by Insperity, which will create a cool marketing tool for chambers nationwide. There are no entry fees, and you might win a new iPad. Plus, you'll improve your chamber's online marketing by featuring member testimonials about the value of your chamber!
All you have to do is produce a 30-second* video starring chamber members stressing the theme "My Chamber of Commerce is not only Valuable, It's Essential." Or, send us several 30-second* videos to increase your chances of winning. Enter as many as you like. Your video, or parts of it, will be used to create a video that every chamber can use as a promotional tool. Even if you don't win the iPad, you'll have compelling videos about the value of chamber membership.
How to Enter:
Produce a 30-second* video
in QuickTime format in HD or high resolution. Save your video(s) on a DVD and mail it, along with your contact information, to: ACCE Video Contest, 4875 Eisenhower Ave., Suite 250, Alexandria VA 22304. Enter as many 30-second videos as you like. There are no entry fees.
The contest starts now. Deadline for submissions is April 30, 2012. Winners will be notified in June.
Eligibility and Prizes
To enter the contest, you must be an employee of a chamber of commerce or a related entity. Up to four iPad winners will be announced at ACCE's Annual Convention in Louisville, Aug. 1-4. You need not be present in Louisville to collect your prize.
1. Message effectiveness (50%)
2. Entertainment value (30%)
3. Creativity (20%)
Advice for Your Video:
- Your video should be fun, smart and entertaining, but make sure it demonstrates that chambers are valuable and/or essential to business, the community or both.
- Provide details about actual value received by chamber member(s).
- Don't forget to highlight your chamber's work in public policy, workforce enhancement and other areas.
- For inspiration, check out the viral advertising videos at www.visiblemeasures.com/adage.
- Allow a three-second pause in your recording after your member(s) states his/her name, company, city and state. Thereafter, make sure that any chamber reference is generic, as in "my chamber helps ..." or "my local chamber..." instead of, for example, "the Springfield chamber helps ..."
* If you have a great idea for a video that must exceed 30 seconds, call Brad Holt (703.998.3560) to get an exception.For more information, contact ACCE Communications Director, Brad Holt.