Working with Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking
Perfect for setting goals, annual reports, strategic planning, performance reviews, staff & board retreats, and more. Need to benchmark your chamber's performance for tomorrow's board meeting? You've come to the right place!
Log in with your ACCE username and password. If you don't know it, request it here or email HERO@acce.org.
Members can access both the Operations Survey and the Salary Survey through the platform anytime. It's free for ACCE members and easy to enter data and download reports, comparisons, charts, and graphs with customized benchmarking options - such as filters specific to your chamber.
Learn more about Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking:
- View our Tip Guide for the basics.
- Download the Quick Start Guide for step-by-step instructions on using the platform or use the Data Collection Worksheet to help organize your chamber's answers to each of the survey section questions.
- Visit the Support page inside the platform for more definitions.
- Join us for an upcoming webinar - check HERO Webinars for dates, to review past recordings, or to request a demo for your chamber.
- 2 easy steps: There are now just 2 survey sections to complete - Operations and Salary. The Salary Survey is open to CEOs or their staff delegates (permission can be emailed to HERO@acce.org). Both sections include the "Chamber Profile" questions to answer just once, in either section.
- Answer survey questions for any Fiscal Year available in the platform: 2017 back to 2012.
- Use the "Copy Prior Year Data" feature on each data entry page to save time! For example, copy FY 2016 answers over to the FY 2017 answer fields, edit for the latest year, then save each data entry page. Answers for any year can be updated, edited and re-saved anytime.
- Need help? Use our Live Chat feature in the platform. Or contact us at HERO@acce.org or 703-998-3524.
Download Reports and Comparison Data:
- Immediate reports and comparisons are available NOW upon completing the data for Fiscal Years: 2017 back to 2012.
- The system requires you to complete at least 50% of each section before you can access data comparisons and generate benchmarking reports.
- Note: FY 2012 and FY 2013 data, aside from non-CEO salary data, was migrated from earlier ACCE surveys to DCB.
- Each survey section has its own tab for "Compare by Question" and "Reports and Charts"
- Use "Compare by Question" to see your chamber's individual responses to each survey question alongside the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles of your selected peer group (use the Filter settings).
- View the comparisons on-screen or download a graph or PPT slide to customize your reports.
- Use "Reports and Charts" to download calculations and measurements from the surveys in customized PowerPoint slides that plot your chamber's data and percentile compared to each quartile of your peer group.
- Popular reports include the Chamber Membership Statistics Report, Trends Report for 2012-2017 and the Chamber Report Card, a one-page report card displaying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to staffing, membership, and finance data.
- Comparison Filters: All data can be filtered for the strongest peer comparisons.
- Apply Filter settings for revenue, membership size or revenue, geographic location, chamber function (i.e. chamber-only, chamber + CVB, or chamber + ED), staff size, and more.
- Use the custom Peer Cluster filter to create your own benchmarking group and see side-by-side comparisons of your data with five or more chambers that you select. Comparison data is displayed anonymously in aggregated reports.
- For chambers already in an ACCE Community Peer Group (CPG), we have pre-loaded your CPG in the Peer Cluster options.
- What reports can be downloaded right now?
- Operations Reports and Salary Reports for FYs 2017 back to 2012 (for any year of survey participation)
- From the Operations Survey "Reports and Charts" tab, download the reports for Chamber Profile, Chamber Operations, Membership Statistics, Chamber Operations Trends for FY 2012-2017, and the Chamber Report Card.
- From the Salary Survey "Reports and Charts" tab, download the reports for CEO Compensation Overview, HR Statistics and CEO Salary, Senior and Mid-Level Staff, Sales Staff, Support Staff, and Chamber Salary Trends for FY 2012-2016.
Working with Fiscal Years:
Fiscal Year Definition: For ACCE's surveys, we ask that you use your actual financial data ending in the fiscal year specified.
- If your chamber's budget year ends December 2017, you will enter your data in FY 2017.
- If your chamber's budget year ends July 2016, you will enter your data in FY 2016.
- If your chamber's budget year ends March 2015, you will enter your data in FY 2015.
Chamber Benchmarking in Action:
These chamber documents were produced using data from Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking:
- Convention Handouts:
- Chamber Examples:
- HERO webinars on DCB:
Please contact HERO@acce.org or use the live chat, Monday through Friday inside Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking. if you have any questions.
Last updated: 4/17/2018