Working with Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking
Perfect for annual reports, strategic planning, performance reviews, staff retreats, and more. Need to benchmark your chamber's performance for tomorrow's board meeting? You've come to the right place!
Log in with your ACCE username and password. If you don't know it, request it here or email HERO@acce.org.
Members can access both the Operations Survey and the Salary Survey through the platform anytime. It's free for ACCE members and easy to enter data and download reports, comparisons, charts, and graphs with customized benchmarking options - such as filters specific to your chamber.
Learn more about Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking:
- View our Tip Guide for the basics.
- Download the Quick Start Guide for step-by-step instructions on using the platform or use the Data Collection Worksheet to help organize your chamber's answers to each of the survey section questions.
- Visit the Support page inside the platform for more definitions.
- Join us for an upcoming webinar - check HERO Webinars for dates, to review past recordings, or to request a demo for your chamber.
- 3 easy steps: Complete the Chamber Profile first. Answers provided in this section are used in the other survey sections and in benchmarking calculations. Next, complete the Operations Survey and the Salary Survey for any fiscal years available.
(Note: Salary Survey is open only to CEOs or their delegates. Permission can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Need help? Use our Live Chat feature!
- Immediate results, reports and comparisons are available upon completing the data for FY2012-FY2016. (FY2012 and FY2013 data, aside from non-CEO salary data, was migrated from earlier ACCE surveys to DCB.)
- The system requires you to complete at least 50% of each section before you can access data comparisons and generate benchmarking reports.
- The "Copy Prior Year Data" feature allows instant data entry. Copy FY2015 into FY2016, and edit your numbers as needed.
- Survey participation and report downloads available now for FY's 2012 through 2016.
- Each survey section has its own tab for Compare Chambers and Reports & Charts:
- Use Compare Chambers to see your chamber's responses to the survey questions alongside the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles. View the comparisons on-screen or download a graph or slide to customize your reports.
- Use Reports and Charts to download calculations and measurements from the surveys in PowerPoint slides showing your chamber's percentile compared to each quartile.
- New reports for FY 2012-2016:
- Trend Reports, which presents data back to FY2012 for both the industry and your chamber.
- Chamber Report Card, a one-page report card displaying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to staffing, membership, and finance data.
- All data can be filtered for the strongest comparisons. Apply filters for revenue, membership, location, function, staff size, and more. Use the Peer Cluster filter to create your own benchmarking group and see side-by-side comparisons of your data with an aggregate of five or more chambers that you select.
Working with Fiscal Years:
Fiscal Year Definition: For ACCE's surveys, we ask that you use your actual financial data ending in the fiscal year specified.
- If your chamber's budget year ends December 2016, you will enter your data in FY 2016.
- If your chamber's budget year ends June 2015, you will enter your data in FY 2015.
- If your chamber's budget year ends December 2014, you will enter your data in FY 2014.
Looking for Current Reports?
Chamber Benchmarking in Action:
These chamber documents were produced using data from Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking:
Please contact us at HERO@acce.org if you have any questions.
Last updated: 6/14/2017