100th Anniversary Centennial Celebration - Laredo Chamber of Commerce
2016 ACE: Award of Excellence
In honor of The Laredo Chamber of Commerce's 100th Anniversary, the organization developed a strategic, fully integrated marketing campaign. The goal of the campaign was to re-brand the Chamber as a "strong" business organization in the community.
Date: December 19, 2016
Organization: Laredo Chamber of Commerce
City: Laredo, TX
Community Peer Group: Emerging Cities
Revenue Category: $450,001-900,000
In honor of The Laredo Chamber of Commerce’s 100th Anniversary, the organization developed a strategic, fully integrated marketing campaign. The goal of the campaign was to re-brand the Chamber as a "strong" business organization in the community.
While the campaign needed to resonate with current members, added emphasis was placed on attracting a younger professional by developing fresh and progressive visuals that appealed to them.
The campaign focused on communicating how the Chamber has assisted businesses to connect with buyers, suppliers and other businesses through its many resources offered to its members.
The campaign utilizes specific circular graphic icons that represent the different resources the Chamber provides in helping businesses to network, partner and promote themselves throughout the community.
A new Celebration logo was designed to commemorate this distinguished mark. The 100th Anniversary Logo uses the tagline "A Century Strong" – demonstrating the strength of the Chamber and its members, not only in the last 10 decades, but in the decades to come.
- Achieve high awareness among target audience groups within 3 months following campaign launch.
- Generate a significant change of perception about the Laredo Chamber, its role and its overall mission.
- Attain significant positive imagery among target audience groups.
- Develop a new Chamber logo that resonates with business leaders, Chamber volunteers; and current and potential new members.
- Develop consistent collateral materials that coincide with campaign created.
- Develop a strategic promotional marketing plan to effectively market the celebration.
- Strategic Media Plan
- Public service Announcement plan
- Strategic Public Relations plan
- Design and develop a series of Campaign events to promote the celebration.
- Achieved total revenue of $213,475 with a net income of $75,764 (the highest fundraising event in the Chamber’s history).
- Attracted 72 new Chamber members as a result of the promotional campaign, bringing the year-end net member total to 616.
- Generated significant value for existing Chamber members.
- Generated significant value for Centennial Celebration Sponsors.
- Set the bar higher for future Chamber events in terms of sponsorship levels and value. (Sponsorship amounts were higher and this will assist the Chamber in raising sponsorship levels in the future).
- Generated significant media coverage via print, television, radio, and online/social media.