Central Educational Center Healthcare Workforce Initiative, CoY 2015 Synopsis 2 - Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
The Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce, Category 1 Winner, 2015 Chamber of the Year, Program/Initiative Summary for Synopsis #2 is: “The Chamber launched an effort to utilize the Central Educational Center (CEC) as a platform to build a sustainable/comprehensive healthcare workforce development initiative. A Chamber creation, CEC is the model for Georgia’s College and Career Academy Initiative. Through a grant the Chamber provided seed funding for “scholarships” that allowed CEC high school students, dual enrolled in a college certificate program, to fund the cost of successfully completing the national Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) exam. Post grant, funding by a foundation and local healthcare corporations allowed growth in the college certificate program and increased the number of younger CNA completers.”
See also Synopsis #1, “Prosperity’s Front Door Healthcare Marketing Initiative” - Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
See all of Newnan-Coweta Chamber’s pieces from their 2015 Chamber of the Year application:
- Certified Nursing Assistant Donation Card
- Certified Nursing Assistant Flyer
- Certified Nursing Assistant Funding Email to Members
- College Access Grant Program Final Report
- Letter to Potential Certified Nursing Assistant Donors
- Letter to the Editor: Community Invited to Help Develop Coweta’s Medical Personnel
- Press Release: Chamber Receives Grant and Funds West Georgia Technical College Graduates’ Certified Nursing Assistant Exams
- Press Release: Chamber Seeks Funding for Nursing Students
- Reconceptualizing Education as an Engine of Economic Development: A Case Study of the Central Educational Center