Alliances and Partnerships
Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development organizations, other trade organizations and associations are forming alliances and partnerships in communities across the country. Many factors, from better performance to institutional crises to cost reduction, are driving these alliances.
- Capital Crossroads (Iowa) - For Greater Des Moines & Central Iowa
- The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber (N.C.) provides "white label" services for the Orange Chatham Association of REALTORS®. The latter organization still has a brand, a board, and website, but the chamber provides staffing and support.
- Greater Des Moines Partnership (Iowa) and Affiliate Chambers - Formed in 2008, the Partnership focuses on regional economic development
- Greater Omaha Economic Development Partnership (Neb.) - Partnership includes Greater Omaha Chamber (Neb.), Sarpy County Economic Development Corporation, Gateway Development Corporation, Cass County Nebraska Economic Development Council, and Greater Fremont Development Council.
- Greater Shelby County Chamber Partnerships (Ala.) - See how "Working Together Works" with this model.
- Greater Topeka Partnership - Partnership formed in 2017 and includes The Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce, GO Topeka, Visit Topeka and Downtown Topeka Inc.
- Read more in Midwestern Momentum, ACCE Spotlight Blog post by Ben Goldstein, highlights the 2017 consolidation changes and their strategic planning process. (November 2017)
- The San Diego Regional Chamber has numerous partner organizations, including the San Diego County Hispanic Chamber (Calif.), several local chambers, local government organizations, and other businesses and non-profit partners.
Chamber Merger Examples
- Email HERO@acce.org for a contact list of chamber CEOs who have performed successful mergers and acquisitions.
- See chambers listed in the Urge to Merge series from Chamber Executive magazine (2012)
- Boise Metro Chamber (Idaho) and Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau (Idaho) announce merger - Newspaper article (12/10/2015)
- Capital Region Chamber of Commerce (N.Y.) formed through a new partnership between the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce (N.Y.) and the Chamber of Schenectady County (N.Y.) - Newspaper article (3/26/2015)
- Central Aroostook Chamber of Commerce (Maine) merged with the Caribou Chamber of Commerce (Maine) - Newspaper article (1/26/2016)
- Central Maryland Chamber - The Board of Directors for both the West Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce (Md.) and the Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber of Commerce (Md.) have officially voted to merge the two organizations into a single new regional chamber - Press release (12/20/2016).
- Envision Greater Fond du Lac (Wis.) is the new name of the merger between the chamber and the EDC - The Fond du Lac Area Association of Commerce (Wis.) and the Fond du Lac County Economic Development Corporation joined forces under unified leadership to strengthen the greater Fond du Lac region by collaboratively maximizing economic and workforce development, effective July 1, 2017.
- Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce (Calif.) formed after the merger between La Quinta, Indio and Coachella Chambers of Commerce (Calif.), along with the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians - Newspaper article (12/11/2015)
- The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber (Pa.) has actually grown by its acquisition of struggling chambers around Allentown and Bethlehem, PA. The chamber currently has thirty-plus affiliated chambers, councils and committees.
- The Indy Chamber merged with Develop Indy, the economic development group for Marion County, as well as Indy Partnership and Business Ownership Initiative - Newspaper article (5/17/2012)
- Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance (Va.) formed from the merger between the Lynchburg Regional Chamber of Commerce (Va.) and the Region 2000 Business and Economic Alliance - Newspaper article (7/20/2015)
- After merger, Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance (Va.) to start January 2016 - Newspaper article (12/17/2015)
- Northern Medina County Chamber Alliance (Ohio) formed after the merger between Brunswick Area and the Valley City Chambers of Commerce (Ohio) - Newspaper article (1/22/2016)
- OneZone (Ind.) created after two chambers located in suburban Indianapolis, the Carmel and Fishers Chambers of Commerce (Ind.), merged - Newspaper article (2/10/2015)
- Shoreline Chamber of Commerce (Conn.) created from the merger between the Guilford and Branford Chambers of Commerce (Conn.) - Newspaper article (1/23/2014).
- Springfield Regional Chamber (Mass.) - Merged with Springfield, Professional Women's and East of the River Five Town (Mass.) chambers. (2015)
- Tri-Village Chamber Partnership (Ohio) is the result of the vote to merge by Grandview Heights, Marble Cliff, and Upper Arlington (Ohio) Chambers of Commerce - Newspaper article (1/25/2016)
- United Corpus Christi Chamber (Texas) formed after the merger between Corpus Christi and Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (Texas) - Newspaper article (1/28/2016)
| Governance and Leadership
| Alliances and PartnershipsLast Updated: 11/29/2017