Chamber Ambassadors are volunteers from the community that serve on welcome committees, help with membership campaigns and act as public relations liaisons related to networking/social events sponsored by the chamber.
- National Association of Chamber Ambassadors - NACA is an organization that offers various enrichment opportunities for all Chamber Ambassador groups, public relations and welcoming committees, and those who want to form an Ambassador group.
Chambers with Ambassador Programs & Samples
- See all Ambassador Program examples in ACCE's Samples Library
- Des Moines (IA) Downtown Chamber's Ambassador Program and Volunteer Tools:
- Eden Prairie Chamber Of Commerce Ambassadors Committee - A good option for chamber members who have been around a while or new members who want to be very active.
- Eden Prairie Ambassadors in Action: "Taste the Chamber" luncheon - The chamber hosts this free luncheon event at a restaurant, incorporating a 20-30 minute presentation and a pitch for non-members to join. Ambassadors (and anyone else) can bring prospects there to learn about the chamber and get a free lunch.
- Key items - members (aside from presenters and board members) can only attend if they bring a non-member guest. At the end of the presentation, the chamber ALWAYS has special benefits for those who join that day - waived initiation fee, free lunch passes, etc. (You don't want them to say they need to think about it!) Anyone listed as a referral for a new member gets $100 cash!
- Success - The chamber holds the event twice a year. Each one is sold-out and high-energy, with about 20 members and 60 prospects; typically about 20-24 new members join each time. Total dues revenue is about $12,000 versus about $2,000 in food costs and maybe another $2,000 - $2,500 in referral dollars. The chamber also gets new prospects from this that will potentially join in the future.
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce Red Carpet Committee - Red Carpet Committee members serve as active ambassadors and member liaisons to provide outreach and support to the business community.
- Greater Louisville Inc. Ambassadors - An Ambassador is a goodwill representative giving of his/her time and energies to represent and inform members and non-members of the opportunities and benefits offered by membership in Greater Louisville Inc.
- Greenville-Pitt County (SC) Chamber - The mission of the Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors Program is to support membership initiatives.
- Longview Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program - The Ambassadors participate in ribbon cuttings, volunteer at chamber events and earn points throughout the year for their participation.
- One Southern Indiana - Ambassadors serve as stewards of One Southern Indiana (1si) and assist in recruiting and welcoming new members.
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches Ambassadors - These volunteers help recruit and retain members, and assist the Chamber in meeting its membership goals for the year.
- Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program - Ambassadors serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members; page includes online sign-up and list of Ambassador members.
- Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber Ambassadors - Ambassadors help to welcome new members and provide guidance as to how they can fully utilize their membership.
- Santa Rosa Chamber Ambassadors - In addition to assisting in the Chamber's membership efforts, Ambassadors welcome new members, are available to act as greeters at Mixers, and are on call for ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Wake Forest Chamber Ambassadors - Ambassadors are active, dedicated members who promote the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce and strive to assist new members with acclimating to the Chamber.
Business Cards for Ambassadors
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
Related Chamberpedia Topics
Does your Chamber have an Ambassador program you'd like to share on this page? Please email HERO@acce.org
with your information. Chamberpedia Home
| | Governance and Leadership
| Volunteer Management
| Membership Management
| Ambassador ProgramsLast Updated: 12/16/2017