Chamber Ambassadors are volunteers from the community that serve on welcome committees, help with membership campaigns and act as public relations liaisons related to networking/social events sponsored by the chamber.
Chambers with Ambassador Programs & Samples
- See all Ambassador Program examples in ACCE's Samples Library
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches (Fla.) Ambassadors - These volunteers help recruit and retain members, and assist the Chamber in meeting its membership goals for the year.
- Des Moines Downtown Chamber of Commerce (Iowa) Ambassador Program and Volunteer Tools:
- Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce (Minn.) Ambassadors Committee - A good option for chamber members who have been around a while or new members who want to be very active.
- Eden Prairie Ambassadors in Action: "Taste the Chamber" luncheon - The chamber hosts this free luncheon event at a restaurant, incorporating a 20-30 minute presentation and a pitch for non-members to join. Ambassadors (and anyone else) can bring prospects there to learn about the chamber and get a free lunch.
- Key items - members (aside from presenters and board members) can only attend if they bring a non-member guest. At the end of the presentation, the chamber ALWAYS has special benefits for those who join that day - waived initiation fee, free lunch passes, etc. (You don't want them to say they need to think about it!) Anyone listed as a referral for a new member gets $100 cash!
- Success - The chamber holds the event twice a year. Each one is sold-out and high-energy, with about 20 members and 60 prospects; typically about 20-24 new members join each time. Total dues revenue is about $12,000 versus about $2,000 in food costs and maybe another $2,000 - $2,500 in referral dollars. The chamber also gets new prospects from this that will potentially join in the future.
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce (Colo.) Red Carpet Committee - Red Carpet Committee members serve as active ambassadors and member liaisons to provide outreach and support to the business community.
- Longview Chamber of Commerce (Texas) R.E.A.C.H. Team - The Team participates in ribbon cuttings, volunteer at chamber events and earn points throughout the year for their participation.
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (S.C.) Ambassador Program - Ambassadors earn points by calling and visiting other chamber investors, attending monthly meetings, attending ribbon cuttings, recruiting other ambassadors, having a suggested business become a chamber investor, and participating in chamber projects. See also their Membership Booklet which includes info on the Ambassador Program, and was part of their Chamber of the Year application materials from their 2015 award.
- Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber of Commerce (Pa.) Ambassadors - Ambassadors help to welcome new members and provide guidance as to how they can fully utilize their membership.
- Santa Rosa Metro Chamber (Calif.) Ambassadors - In addition to assisting in the Chamber's membership efforts, Ambassadors welcome new members, are available to act as greeters at Mixers, and are on call for ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Wake Forest Chamber of Commerce (N.C.) Ambassadors - Sponsored by Sam's Club, the Ambassadors are active, dedicated members who promote the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce and strive to assist new members with acclimating to the Chamber.
- Chamber Ambassadors: How to Create a Thriving Program for Your Chamber & Community, by Frank J. Kenny
- Answering Chamber Ambassador Questions, by Frank J. Kenny
- Keys to a Successful Chamber Ambassador's Program, by Frank J. Kenny
- Should Chamber Ambassadors Be Members?, by Frank J. Kenny
- Providing Incentives for Chamber Ambassadors, by Christina Green, for Frank J. Kenny
- Should You Role Play with Your Chamber Ambassadors?, by Frank J. Kenny
- A Champion's Sales Secrets Unlocked by an Email, by Kelly Fanelli, Chamber Executive magazine (Winter 2013) - Working with chamber ambassadors is win-win: Members speaking about chamber benefits is a powerful sales message, and the Ambassadors are positioned as “go-to” chamber experts.
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
Related Chamberpedia Topics
Does your Chamber have an Ambassador program you'd like to share on this page? Please email HERO@acce.org
with your information. Chamberpedia Home
| | Governance and Leadership
| Volunteer Management
| Membership Management
| Ambassador ProgramsLast Updated: 5/15/2018