Annual Reports and Financial Reports
Reporting is an essential factor for all types of businesses. Chambers will need to prepare Annual and Financial reports. Reporting formats can be done in any variety of ways. Dashboard reports are one style that Boards request as they provide at-a-glance statistics and monthly snapshots.
Chambers use Annual Reports to show their progress to members, community leaders, and prospective members. Annual reports provide a comprehensive record of the previous year showing how the chamber was productive and effective. They are excellent overall marketing pieces, recruitment and retention takeaways, and featured deliverables to key stakeholders.
Award-Winning Chamber Examples
Annual Report Samples
- Chamber of Commerce of Fargo Moorhead West Fargo (N.D.) 2016-17 Annual Report - Highlights the Chamber's accomplishments for 2016-17 and includes a "by the numbers" infographic.
- Greater Houston Partnership's 2016 Annual Report - This annual report revisits the Greater Houston Partnership's accomplishments in 2016, including showcasing Houston on the global stage, moving into a new receiving and convening space at Partnership Tower, working to assist in the development of a pension reform plan, and advancing priorities in education and skills training.
- Longview Chamber of Commerce's (Texas) 2014 Annual Report - Describes the chamber's most recent success in the areas of healthy business growth, talent attraction and retention, and enhanced community development efforts.
- Prince William Chamber of Commerce's (Va.) 2015-16 Annual Report - The Prince William Chamber's annual report highlights accomplishments in membership, committees and councils, government affairs, events and member services, community, and marketing and communications. The report includes a "your chamber by the numbers" page based on infographics.
- Vail Valley Partnership's (Colo.) 2016 Annual Report - Vail Valley Partnership's annual report for 2016 spotlights the various ways the Chamber works to achieve its mission of leading collaboration for community success and enhancing the economic vitality of the Vail Valley.
- View all Annual Reports in ACCE's Samples Library
Annual Report Videos
Articles and Guides
Financial reports are given to chamber boards as an efficient way for them to measure progress and stability in the chamber operations.
A dashboard is a visual interface that provides at-a-glance views into key measures relevant to a particular objective or business process. Dashboards have three main attributes:
- Dashboards are typically graphical in nature, providing visualizations that help focus attention on key trends, comparisons, and exceptions.
- Dashboards often display only data that are relevant to the goal of the dashboard.
- Because dashboards are designed with a specific purpose or goal, they inherently contain predefined conclusions that relieve the end user from performing his own analysis.
: For Dummies: Defining Excel Dashboards and Reports
Create Dashboard Reports
Learn How to Create Effective Chamber Dashboard Reports from this ACCE University Webinar recording
Dashboard Report Samples from Chambers:
- Ask HERO: HELP EXPERTISE RESOURCES ONLINE About Dashboard Reports - by Sarah Melby and Holly South, Chamber Executive magazine (Winter 2017)
- State Chamber Association Dashboard Reports: View AWB Dashboard Report - FY 2013 Year End or AWB Dashboard Report - FY 2014 1st Quarter - from the Association of Washington Business
- Measuring Your Success - Download the Presentation handout from ACCE's 2016 Convention session that covered dashboard reports and key Operations Survey metrics (Presented by Jodie A. Perry, IOM, President, Richland Area Chamber of Commerce (Ohio); Joe Unterreiner, President, Kalispell Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitor Bureau (Mont.); Marianne Virgili, President & CEO, Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association (Colo.); Matt McCormick, President, Columbia Chamber of Commerce (Mo.).
- View all Dashboard Report examples in ACCE's Samples Library
- Visit the Chamberpedia page on Benchmarking Operations for more chamber metrics and information on the Chamber Operations Survey via Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking.
External Resources on Dashboards:
Related Chamberpedia Topics
| Communications and Marketing
| Annual Reports and Financial ReportsLast Updated: 11/17/2017