Business Advancement Events
Chambers are often involved in organization and promotion of activities that directly advance the business opportunities. When done well, programs such as job fairs, procurement fairs, business expos and even home shows help to build and maintain a local economy, while introducing new businesses to the chamber and potential customers. A few chambers even run international matchmaking events, using proven models for invitations and introductions that lead to direct marketing opportunities for all those involved. Business expos are also increasingly being held online, allowing businesses more exposure than a single day event.
See all Award-Winning Business Event Samples
Expos, Awards, Conferences, and More
FAQ Are chambers still holding business expos and trade shows? Are they profitable?
- Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber (MA) - A Business Expo with a mixer and show with table tops. The chamber provide hors 'd'oeuvres and a DJ. The food is provided free from the hotel where the Expo is held and there is a cash bar.
- Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Centre - The chamber canceled their annual trade show in 2016 after a run of more than 20 years. Attendance at the event had been on the decline for several years as consumer habits have shifted to online shopping. They replaced the event with a Business Excellence Awards program which recognizes best business practices in several categories. The inaugural year was a tremendous success and welcomed by their members.
- Davis Chamber of Commerce (CA) - Offers a Business to Business Expo which is free to members and has numerous sponsors. The event includes a keynote speaker followed by the expo with networking, exhibiting, and vendor showcase.
- Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce (FL) - Daytona does a Mega Mixer and Tabletop Expo in partnership with other chambers in their region through the Volusia Chamber Alliance. The event draws 600 attendees and with 80-100 tabletops depending on location and set up.
- Grapevine Chamber of Commerce (TX) - Grapevine holds a Procurement Fair bringing in 30 prime contractors (Lockheed Martin, American Airlines, Bell Helicopter, etc.) to meet with area small business owners. A matchmaking portion allows businesses to sign up for a one-on-one meeting with a prime contractor for 15 minutes, followed by seminars such as “How to do Business with Big Business.” The prime contractors are interested in focusing on the Veteran businesses specifically, but they also target minority, women-owned and small businesses. Their major partner in the event is Lockheed Martin.
- Longview Chamber of Commerce (TX) - Longview has transitioned from a B2B Expo to a Business Solutions Conference. Events include workshops, power networking, a kickoff breakfast awarding small business of the year awards, graduation of the Leadership Longview class, and a Wellbeing Luncheon spotlighting best practices from local companies and a guest speaker presentation. Exhibit spaces are available.
After Hours Events
Related Chamberpedia Pages
| Events and Programs
| Business Advancement EventsLast Updated: 03/19/2018