Early Childhood Education
Birth to Five
Quality early childhood learning and development set our future workforce on a trajectory to become successful, productive members of society. A powerful body of research shows that investing in quality early education is highly effective in increasing high school graduation and college attendance, decreasing crime, and building a stronger economy and middle class.
Chambers Invested in Early Childhood Education
- The Birmingham Business Alliance (Ala.) is a member of the Birmingham Pre-K Collaborative, a partnership of organizations committed to ensuring all children in the greater Birmingham area enter school ready to learn and thrive by increased access to high quality pre-kindergarten for four-year-olds.
- The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, the Main Line Chamber of Commerce (Pa.) and the African American Chamber of Commerce of PA, NJ & DE, and Pennsylvania businesses and military leaders are calling on state policymakers to put an additional $90 million towards quality pre-K, an investment they say will eventually help bridge a STEM workforce skills gap in the state. (June 2016)
- Chamber RVA (Va.) facilitates the Smart Beginnings Program in partnership with the Richmond United Way. The Program recently published a Regional Plan for Children’s School Readiness.
- The Conway Area Chamber of Commerce (Ark.) won an award for its commitment to pre-K education. The chamber is a founding partner of Arkansas Preschool Plus, an early childhood success collaborative and also hosts a fundraising festival that has contributed over $100,000 to local early childhood education initiatives.
- The Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce (Ohio) serves as a founding partner in Ready Set Soar, a community collaborative that seeks to ensure all children are kindergarten-ready.
- The Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce (Ala.) aims to raise public awareness about the need for pre-kindergarten education through Morgan Starting Strong Pre-K, a community-wide initiative focused on expanding access to quality Pre-K programs.
- The chamber’s CEO penned a blog post titled Why the Chamber is Interested in Pre-K Education to further validate the chambers investment in early education.
- The chamber hosted a State of Pre-K address to inform members and community officials on the progress of Morgan Starting Strong Pre-K.
- The chamber's Starting Strong Pre-K initiative celebrates Gov. Robert Bentley’s announcement about the awarding of three new First Class Pre-Kindergarten program classrooms to communities in Morgan County.
- The Florida Chamber of Commerce Foundation convenes business leaders from around the state through its Business Alliance for Early Learning. The Alliance serves as a forum for members to discuss and tackle a number of issues impacting children ages 0-8.
- The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce (Mo.) recently announced its Big 5 focus on Early Childhood Education, a community-wide kindergarten readiness initiative aimed at improving grade level reading proficiency.
- The Greenville Chamber (S.C.) was an advisory partner in Child Care GPS, a publication aimed at assisting parents in navigating through the childcare landscape and choosing a quality provider.
Early Childhood Education Resources
Webinars & ACCE U Resources
Related Chamberpedia Pages
Learn more about ACCE's Education & Talent Development Division
. Chamberpedia Home
| Education and Workforce Development
| Early Childhood EducationLast Updated: 7/27/2018