Chambers have long been involved in fundraising, but there are many different ways to raise funds. Fundraising really depends on the format and delivery - i.e., Events, Capital Campaigns, Total Resource Campaigns or other non-dues revenue generating options. See the Fundraising Campaigns QuickPoll
that shows what different chambers are doing for fundraisers and is a good snapshot from which to start planning. Visit ACCE's Non-Dues Revenue
section in Chamberpedia. This includes Capital Campaigns
and Total Resource Campaigns
. TRCs are an excellent way to bring in non-dues revenue. Use the Total Resource Development Campaign Toolkit
to help plan your chamber's TRC. This four-chapter publication makes the case for TRCs as a chamberís most successful approach for annual funding, gives tips for planning a successful TRC, and shares a proven TRC structure which produces results. Membership Drives
are another fundraising opportunity.
Research and Surveys
- ACCE's Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking platform collects data on Fundraising Campaign Activities and Total Fundraising Revenue. Enter your chamber's data and receive free comparisons and reports in the Operations Survey section of the platform. Learn where your chamber stands with fundraising activities compared to the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles, or set your own peer cluster group from which to filter results.
- Fundraising Campaigns QuickPoll
- Chamber Events QuickPoll
- Chamber Revenue Models: An examination of income trends for chambers of commerce - ACCE White Paper (December 2013). ACCE interviewed scores of chamber executives and compiled fresh data about dues structures, community events, affinity programs, CVBs, economic development funding, policy revenue, and total resource campaigns. The resulting report is an excellent thought-provoker for staff meetings and board retreats, and a baseline to begin building your chamber funding model for the future. This is a must-read for all chamber executives.
Award-Winning Chamber Fundraisers
See more award-winning chamber fundraisers
View more examples of Fundraising
in ACCE's Samples Library.
ACCE's Partners & External Resources
- Membership180 - The platform is a Triple Bottom Line: Recruitment, Engagement and Retention! They partner with chambers on membership campaigns focused on long-term, sustainable growth as opposed to just a fundraiser.
- Power 10 Fundraising - Working on site with their clients, they drive every step of the campaign process, they "make the Ask," and work overtime to minimize the disruption to existing operations.
- YGM, LLC (Total Resource Campaign services) - Works with chambers to implement a Total Resource Campaign.
- Your Chamber Connection - Conduct fast paced, high energy, extremely competitive Membership "Events."
See Related Chamberpedia Topics
We are seeking examples and best practices of chamber fundraisers. Have one to share? Email HERO@acce.org
. Chamberpedia Home
| Non-Dues Revenue
| Events and Programs
| FundraisersLast Updated: 10/9/2018