General Resources for Events and Programs
Just getting started in event planning or need an event overhaul or refresher? This page provides a good starting point for event and program resources. Be sure to view the specific topics on the main Events and Programs
page. Event planners will want to view the Resources for Chamber Event Planners
page for more in-depth planning tools and guidebooks.
- Chamber Events QuickPoll - Provides stats on number and type of events, seasonal data, marketing events, attendance, and revenue from events from 264 poll participants, compiled June 2012.
- Chamber event planners will find ACCE's Chamber Revenue Models Whitepaper to be helpful in gaining new awareness for successful programming options. See the chapter on Community Events (published December 2013).
- Report: Event Planners See Value of Grabbing Data, Struggle to Take Action, by Ernie Smith for Associations Now (October 30, 2017)
- EVENTS, by Katherine House, Chamber Executive magazine (Spring 2014). Tagline: From community-wide local festivals to a caucus room on Capitol Hill, chambers are creative promoters and producers of profitable events.
- Two Momentous Breakfasts Fifty Years Apart, by Andrea Bennett House, Chamber Executive magazine (Spring 2014). Tagline: You know the story of JFK in Dallas, but you may not know about JFK in Fort Worth.
- Revenue Models: Choose Your Dues, by Katherine House, Chamber Executive magazine (Fall 2013)
- Revenue Models: The Impact of Gen Y on Chamber Revenue, by Sarah Sladek, Chamber Executive magazine (Fall 2013)
- Barbeque Dreams, by Penni Bentley, Chamber Executive magazine (Spring 2012)
- Value Propositions — Moving From ROI to VOI, By Cathi Hight, Chamber Executive magazine (Spring 2011)
- A Taste of Restaurant Weeks, by Steve Haweeli, Chamber Executive magazine (July/August 2005)
- Give Your Event a Makeover!, by Greg Roth, Chamber Executive magazine (March/April 2004)
- Successful Events, by Christine Corelli, Chamber Executive magazine (March/April 2003)
Convention & Seminar Resources
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
- Best Practices in Events - Roundtable Discussion (March 18, 2015). Della Schmidt of the Winona Chamber and Les O'Dell of the Carbondale Chamber relayed their experiences in planning chamber-sponsored events including milestone anniversaries and annual banquets.
| Events and Programs
| General Resources for Events and ProgramsLast updated: 11/01/2017