Chambers of commerce are recognizing the leadership roles of women in business. There are strong programs at chambers to promote local women-owned businesses within their communities. These programs help advocate an environment for business women to connect and build relationships focusing on professional development and growth, and offer collaborations with colleagues in chambers, with businesses, and with community leaders.
Award-Winning Chamber Examples
Women in Chambers Programs
- Women in Business at the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce (Ariz.) - The program offers professional development, programs and opportunities in leadership development, education and networking for women in business.
- Women in Business at the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce (Ore.) - Provides relevant programming focused on women in the workforce. Quarterly luncheons are designed to address the important topics of the day while providing a great opportunity to network.
- Chamber Women's Alliance at the Arlington Chamber of Commerce (Texas) - Focuses on empowering and uniting women through business and community endeavors. The Women’s Alliance pledges to offer leadership, mentoring, and direction to its devoted members and is committed to strengthening women as professional, business, community and civic leaders.
- Women's Business Council at the Capital Region Chamber (N.Y.) - Promotes the full participation and leadership of women at all levels in the workplace in Tech Valley’s economic development, community and government.
- Women of Excellence Awards - Women who have achieved success in their professional careers and dedicated themselves to community service are honored at the Capital Region Chamber’s “Women of Excellence” annual luncheon event. See 2016 sample announcement here (link coming soon).
- Power of Women (POW) Program at the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (N.C.) - A program series and network platform designed to inspire and empower women, as well as connect women’s professional groups and organizations in the region.
- Women Excel at the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber - Encompasses a leadership development program, coaching, mentoring, luncheon series, and awards program.
- Executive Women's Roundtable at the Dallas Regional Chamber - EWR brings together executive level women from a variety of industries and professional disciplines and provides them a business forum to address common workplace issues and interests. Throughout the year, EWR comes together for networking receptions, quarterly dinners with educational speakers, and an annual leadership development conference.
- Women's Insight Network at the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce (Texas) - The Women’s Insight Network (WIN) increases visibility of professional women in the greater Fort Worth area, recognizes local companies who value their talent, and cultivates interaction among professional women.
- Black Women Connect GR at the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce (Mich.) - Offers opportunities for African American women to meet with each other and develop meaningful relationships both professionally and personally.
- Women's Leadership Program at the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce - The pool of talented female professionals in Greater Boston is strong and the chamber is working to maximize their leadership role in business and civic communities. In collaboration with the Simmons School of Management, the Chamber has established the Women’s Leadership Program.
- Women’s Business Council at the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce (Pa.) - The Council mission is to empower, recognize and inspire women in business and the community. The Council provides information and a networking forum for women in management, professional and private enterprise. Monthly luncheons rotate between networking sessions and educational programs.
- Professional Women's Alliance of the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce - Build networks, connect with peers and hear from inspiring businesswomen in the community. The Chamber brings business women together by hosting a different, dynamic female leader in the community each month to share insights into leadership, career growth, community involvement and women’s issues.
- Women2Women at the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance (Pa.) - This Program of Work area includes a speaker series, roundtable events, women's business expo, leadership and professional development training, and a Latina focus group, and is sponsored by local investors.
- Women's Business Bridge at the Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce (Minn.) - WBB is a networking group for female business professionals, to connect, learn, and grow. They meet monthly to learn about business development through informative and interactive presentations by business experts. They host an annual conference and have a "Business Woman of the Year" award.
- Women of Influence Luncheon at the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce (Fla.) - An annual event designed to offer local women an opportunity to develop relationships and discuss issues specific to women in business.
- Women in Networking (WIN) at the Highlands Ranch Chamber of Commerce (Colo.) - The chamber offers WIN for women's networking. WIN creates connections and builds relationships with women-owned and women-led businesses. WIN hosts a networking event for women on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Women in Business at the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce & Industry (Pa.) - Provides growth-minded professional women with a friendly and welcoming environment where they can network. Businesswomen from all professional levels and backgrounds come together to share ideas and learn about relevant topics.
- Women's Division Committee at the Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce (Texas) - This chamber committee promotes women in business by providing networking, professional development, and educational opportunities to help women thrive in business. Committee members strive to act as role models, educators and mentors to women and provides a voice within the Chamber for women’s business issues.
- Women's Leadership Council at the Longview Chamber of Commerce (Texas) - This council is one of the Chamber's Business Development Committees. For Council Chair duties, see Women's Leadership Council Chair Position Description.
- Women In Business at the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce (Ill.) - Through dynamic speakers, engaging dialogue, and networking opportunities, the Naperville Area Chamber Women In Business Committee works to empower today’s professional woman.
- Women in Business Alliance at the Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce (N.J.) - Women in Business Alliance is a group of professional women who provide an environment for women to connect and build professional relationships.
- Women's Leadership Council at the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce (Fla.) - The Council provides opportunities for women in business to network, to support and learn from one another, and to recognize and honor women who have made a significant impact in the professional and business community of St. Petersburg and Pinellas County. With a series of on-going events, the all-volunteer Women’s Council focuses on building relationships that contribute to business and community success.
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation Center for Women in Business - Promotes and empowers women business leaders to achieve their personal and professional goals by increasing opportunities for women to serve on corporate boards and in the C-suite; mentoring women at all stages of their careers; and building a network for women entrepreneurs to encourage peer-to-peer networking, education, and professional growth.
Women's Leadership Conferences
Articles & Online Resources
| Governance and Leadership
| Leading WomenLast Updated: 9/12/2018