Legislative agendas reveal a chamberís public policy plan for the year. Ideally, the document not only articulates the policy priorities of the chamber, but also identifies levels of engagement for the Chamber. The chamber will either lead, collaborate or support an issue based on the guidance of the government relations steering committee and the board.
Award-Winning Chamber Examples
- Asheville (NC) Chamber of Commerce Legislative Agenda & Public Policy website - The Chamberís Legislative Agenda is developed by the Governmental Affairs Task Force and communicates the Chamberís positions on issues at the state, local and federal levels of government.
- Capital Region Business Advocacy Resource Guide 2014 - This guide from the Albany-Colonie (NY) Regional Chamber contains the chamber's 2014 business advocacy agenda, tips for communicating with elected officials, a directory of legislative officials for the region, and the New York State legislative session calendar.
- Columbus (OH) Chamber of Commerce 2012 Legislative Agenda communications piece
- Decatur-Morgan County (AL) CVB Legislative Agenda 2013: Issue Background Summaries - Presents the chamber's priorities on the local, state and federal levels.
- Greater Des Moines (IA) Partnership's 2017 State Legislative Agenda
- Greater Raleigh (NC) Chamber of Commerce 2015/16 Legislative Agenda and policy website
- Greater Spokane (WA) Inc. (GSI):
- Federal Agenda 2013 - Greater Spokane Inc's 2013 legislative agenda describes its public policy priorities related to transportation infrastructure, higher education, economic development, and military construction projects.
- State Agenda 2013 - Greater Spokane Inc's 2013 state legislative agenda outlines its public policy priorities related to the region's business climate, transportation, K-12 and higher education, culture, recreation and low-income initiatives.
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce 2016 Legislative Priorities
- Roanoke (VA) Regional Chamber of Commerce 2016 Legislative Agenda
- St. Louis (MO) Regional Chamber 2017 Agenda for Regional Prosperity
- See all Legislative Agenda examples from ACCE's Samples Library
Webinars & ACCE U Resources
| Government Relations and Public Policy
| Legislative AgendasLast Updated: 2/24/2017