Chambers of commerce offer a variety of opportunities and services to the community. But to raise awareness of these programs and services, a chamber professional must consider the unique value each holds for specific individuals or groups within the community.
To effectively reach your audience ó be it members, prospects, the media, or other stakeholders ó you need to go where they are and speak to them directly. This is where marketing comes in. Take into account the four ďPísĒ of marketing: product, place, price and promotion. These shape and focus your chamberís image and message, and they foster a relationship with those key stakeholders.
Marketing is often confused with advertising, but itís actually what influences advertising; itís the umbrella of the communications mix. Itís a carefully planned process involving strategies and tactics to assess needs, develop messages and images, and deliver products and services. It employs advertising, promotion and public relations to communicate and to deliver products and services to a clearly identified target audience.
Award-Winning Chamber Examples
See all ACE Award-Winning Marketing Samples
See all Communications and Marketing Samples
See all Marketing Materials Samples
- Report: What Channels Matter Most for Event Marketing? - A report on B2B event marketing finds that email is the biggest pre-event driver of interest, but while itís still heavily used during and after an event, other options may be more effective. Associations Now (Mar 2018)
- Tap into the goldmine of email advertising - Important stats show that email is very much alive and well: 72% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media, according to MarketingSherpa, and numbers from the DMA show that 49 percent of consumers prefer to hear weekly from companies sending promotional emails. Article by Jeff Kupietzky, SmartBrief (September 28, 2016)
- 2016 Marketing Trends You Should Not Ignore - Associations News Feed (April 14, 2016)
- 29 Checklists & Cheat Sheets to Make Marketers' Lives Easier - by Natasha Alex, Mention (December 10, 2015)
- What Makes a Marketing Email Go Viral? - Article by Katie Bascuas, Associations Now (August 27, 2015) focuses on a new study that highlights the elements of viral marketing emails.
Convention & Seminar Resources
Related Chamberpedia Topics
| Communications and Marketing
| MarketingLast Updated: 03/19/2018