Membership Drives (aka Membership Campaigns or Membership Events) are a part of the Membership Sales
process for many chambers. Some chambers have both Membership Drives and Total Resource Campaigns
. Other chambers have contests or events that serve the purpose of a drive, but aren't labeled as such; more on that in this LinkedIn thread
. Always important as a piece of the Membership Sales
process is Membership Retention
and Membership Recruitment
. While drives and Total Resource Campaigns
serve as income sources, additional revenue streams are identified in ACCE's whitepaper on Chamber Revenue Models
Award-Winning Membership Campaigns
See all Award-Winning Campaigns
Additional Examples of Chamber Membership Campaigns
Alternatives to Traditional Membership Drives
- "Operation Thank You" - An annual event by the Nacogdoches County Chamber (TX) in which directors and volunteers are out and about town, hand-delivering the new directories, maps, and publications to as many Chamber members as possible.
- "Taste the Chamber" luncheon - The Eden Prairie Chamber (MN) hosts this free luncheon event at a restaurant. The chamber gives a 20-30 minute presentation and at the end and asks non-members to join. Members who bring a prospect that joins get $100 cash! See the full discussion of ideas on this LinkedIn Thread.
- Members can only attend if they bring a non-member guest. The chamber ALWAYS has special benefits to join that day and that day only - for example, waiving the initiation fee or free lunch passes.
- The chamber selects 4 members to give testimonials and makes sure board members attend.
- The chamber runs the event twice a year. Each sold-out event typically draws 60 non-members and about 20 members. They usually get 20-24 new members at each luncheon. The chamber also gets new prospects that will potentially join in the future.
- Total revenue is about $12,000, with expenses at about $2000 in food costs and $2000 - $2500 in referral dollars.
- See also Ambassador Programs
Articles & Blog Posts
Webinars, Presentations & eCourses
Related Chamberpedia Topics
| Membership Management
| Membership Sales
| Membership DrivesLast Updated: 7/12/2018