New Member Orientation and Engagement
New member orientations connect members with leadership, advocacy, networking, professional development, and learning the benefits of chamber membership. The goal is to engage new members to ensure and support Membership Retention
Articles, Blog Posts & Guides
New Member Engagement Study Report: Tools to Significantly Boost New Member Retention Rates
(registration required) is a collaboration between Kaiser Insights LLC, Dynamic Benchmarking, 12 research partners, and 160 association professionals, explores these questions and more. (Jan 2018)
Chamber 101 & New Member Info Packets
Many of these ideas were generated from the New Member Packs LinkedIn thread
See Member Orientation Samples
- Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce (OR)
- Sends a welcome letter, Window Sticker, Calendar of Events/Upcoming Events Flyer, and Benefits Reminder Flyer.
- A Chamber Ambassador delivers a Welcome Wagon packet to new members within the first month of joining containing flyers & promotional items from other members.
- Billings Chamber (MO)
- The "101" program occurs every other month and the invitation is sent to new members who joined within the last 9 months. During the Program Presentation, members receive the Benefits Overview and are treated to breakfast. Chamber Ambassadors share their ROI stories and the program includes networking and socializing time.
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce (MO)
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce (CO)
- Chamber 101 overview on their site orients members to programs, events, and member benefits.
- Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association (CO)
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce (FL)
- Hosts a networking and orientation event with Director of Membership Jill Horowitz - Java with Jill - once a month.
Chamber Orientation Videos
See all New Member Samples
Related Chamberpedia Topics
Last Updated: 8/28/2018 Chamberpedia Home
| Membership Management
| Membership Sales
| New Member Orientation and Engagement