Next Generation Standards and Assessments
As schools and districts across the country get ready for the full scale implementation of the Common Core State Standards
and new assessment system, we invite you to use these resources to learn what's been done to raise the bar for our future workforce and how your chamber can get involved.
Surveys & Research
- QuickPoll: Common Core Standards - 140 chamber participants responded to this QuickPoll, compiled January 2014. See how chambers are engaging in education initiatives.
Common Core 101 & the Role of Business
Next Generation Standards and Assessments: Tools & Resources for Chambers
Samples: Common Core and Next Generation Standards
- Compilation of blog posts from chamber executives making the business case for Common Core State Standards.
- Letter written to Alabama State Legislature on behalf of state and local business coalitions to urge opposition to anti-Common Core legislation.
- Op-Ed by the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce's (S.C.) leadership in support of CCSS and one-page issue brief developed by the chamber.
- Employer Communications Tool Kit developed by the Kentucky Chamber for employers to use when speaking to their employees about the new standards and what they mean for their communities and state.
- Sample Common Core Pledge for employers from the Knoxville Area Chamber (Tenn.).
Please email Alysia Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Michelle Vegliante at email@example.com
to learn more about our developing EDWD portfolio.
To highlight your organization's work, please submit a sample here
. For more information about the Education Attainment Division, visit www.acce.org/ead
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Chamberpedia Home
| Education and Workforce Development
| K-12 Education
| College and Career ReadinessLast Updated: 10/22/2017