Sales Department Management
The Manager of the Membership Sales Department is frequently responsible for budget development & oversight, recruitment, territory management, compensation & incentive programs and sales training.
- Learn more about ACCE's Membership Development Division
- Download Membership Statistics from ACCE's Operations Survey
- Participate in ACCE's Operations Survey now available 24/7 through Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking and access free, customized reports for your chamber, including the Membership Statistics report and comparisons, showing retention, market penetration, and calculations of dues investment, revenue per member, tiered dues information and more. Results are shown with your chamber's percentile compared to the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles.
- Chamber Salary and Benefits Reports, including compensation data for chamber membership sales staff are available in Dynamic Chamber Benchmarking's Salary Survey section, which is open to CEOs or staff delegates (CEOs can email permission to HERO@acce.org). ACCE also creates the annual Chamber Salary and Benefits Survey Publication, available in the ACCE Bookstore.
- ACCE's Chamber Revenue Models Whitepaper - How Membership Management fits in with revenue models and translates into revenue streams for your chamber (December 2013)
Sample Compensation & Commission Plans, Policies, and Programs
Sample Position Descriptions & Contracts
Sample Interview Questions
Convention & Seminar Resources
- 2016 National Sales Training handouts now available!
- 2015 "60 Ideas" Sessions: Membership and Events: ACCE members can purchase and listen to this audio recording from ACCE's 2015 Convention. Become inspired by the ideas presented in two of our most popular educational workshops: 60 Membership Ideas in 60 Minutes, from ACCE's 2015 Annual Convention, and 60 Event Ideas in 60 Minutes, from our 2015 Chamber Events Training Conference. Duration: 2 hours, 14 minutes. The events session also includes written notes of each of the ideas presented.
- 2015 National Sales Training presentation handouts:
- Show Me the Money - PowerPoint presentation from the ACCE 2012 Convention.
- Live! Membership Sales Seminar Series: Denver 2012 - Over 5 hours of professional development programming covering: Retaining Members as you Grow: 25-Tips for Successful Membership Recruitment; Takin' it to the Streets: Strategies for Increasing Membership Sales; Membership Sales: Best of the Best!; and Know the Product - Determine the Chamber's Value. Available for purchase through the ACCE Store. Also see these free resources:
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
Related Chamberpedia Pages
| Membership Management
| Sales Department ManagementLast Updated: 11/15/2017