Sponsorships are another way for a chamber to secure non-dues revenue. Forging partnerships that are mutually beneficial can provide more than just a lump sum of cash. Trade agreements can also be reached that provide a chamber with products or services they might not otherwise afford. An organization can sponsor a specific event such as a conference, an awards banquet or a golf tournament. Or, they can become an annual sponsor of the chamber. For chambers that want to succeed in sponsorships, it is crucial that they offer unambiguous benefits and fulfill all contractual obligations. It is important to prove both perceived value and tangible results for the sponsor -- this ensures that the relationship (and funding) continues.
Articles & White Papers
Award-Winning Chamber Examples
- JAX Chamber (Fla.) Longest Table 2nd Annual Community Dinner - 60 Sponsorship Ideas Winner, 1st Place, at ACCE's 2018 Convention. The 2nd annual chamber longest table open air dinner was attended by 400-500 attendees to bring community groups together.
- Austin Chamber of Commerce (Texas) PowerUp Austin! - 60 Sponsorship Ideas Winner, 2nd Place, at ACCE's 2018 Convention. The PowerUp Austin! Series engages in conversation around "hot topics" to drive member success.
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce (Idaho) - 60 Sponsorship Ideas Winner, 3rd Place, at ACCE's 2018 Convention. The chamber needed to pay for their new building which ended up at $2.3 million with just $1 million budgeted. They literally sold everything including sponsorships for their chamber office WiFi at $15,000, the bathrooms, chamber staff offices, etc. The total amount raised in this selling campaign was a significant help for the building cost expense.
- Chamber of Commerce of Huntsville/Madison County (Ala.) ChamberON - 2017 Chamber of the Year Winner
- Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce's (Tenn.) Chamber Champions Brochure 2016-2017 - 2017 Chamber of the Year Winner
- O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce's (Mo.) Manufacturing Day Sponsorship Opportunities - 2017 Chamber of the Year Winner
- O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce's (Mo.) Sponsor and Partner Opportunities - 2015 ACE Award of Excellence
- See more Award Winning Sponsorship examples from ACCE's Samples Library
More Sponsorship Samples
Convention & Seminar Resources
- 60 Sponsorship Ideas in 60 Minutes - Audio recording (mp3) from the 2018 ACCE Annual Convention
- Event Success Through Partnerships - Presentation handout by Darby Burkey, Vice President of the Rockwall Area Chamber of Commerce (Texas), from the 2017 Events Training Conference
- 60 Sponsorship Ideas in 60 Minutes - Audio recording from the ACCE 2017 Annual Convention in Nashville. Available for purchase in the ACCE Store.
- Creative Sponsorship Packages - Session recording from the ACCE 2017 Annual Convention in Nashville is available for purchase in the ACCE Store. Presentation by Lori Mattson, IOM, President & CEO, Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce (Wash.) and Presentation by Frank Facchiano, COO & Executive VP of Member Relations, Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce (Pa.) also available for download.
- Beyond the Logo: Taking Sponsorship from Mundane to Monumental - Presentation by Rick Kern, Managing Director, MixIt Marketing; Wendy Watkins, Principal, Wendy Watkins Speaks. From the 2016 ACCE Annual Convention.
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
| Non-Dues Revenue
| SponsorshipsLast Updated: 9/13/2018