Technology such as phone systems, computers, and PDAs are sizeable chamber investments and impact the efficiency and effectiveness of staff. Ideas that integrate technology changes, RFPs for major purchases, and policies for staff use of technology will be located below. For general information on websites, including design tips, visit our Chamberpedia pages on Websites
and CVB Websites
Articles, White Papers, Studies & Tools
- On-the-Job Tech: The Tech Skills You Need to Boost - By Alex Beall, Associations Now (June 2016)
- Technology Landscape for a Five-Star Chamber of Commerce - by Antonel Neculai, LinkedIn Pulse (April 2016)
- Communications and Technology - From the Horizon Initiative: Chambers 2025 issue of Chamber Executive magazine (Spring 2015)
- 2014 AMS Market Study, by Lehman Associates, LLC - A comprehensive study of associations’ use of and satisfaction with AMS, CRM, and other membership management applications.
- Doing Business the Right Way, by Anthony Parkes, CCE, Chamber Executive magazine (Summer 2014)
- ASAE's Technology Toolkit - Updated March/April 2017 from ASAE's Associations Now publication.
- Ahead of the Curve: Lessons on Technology and Growth from Small-Business Leaders - Free 2014 report for ACCE members; ACCE partner Microsoft commissioned this independent study by The Boston Consulting Group, an international management consulting firm.
- Study on Chambers' Use of Databases - "A Roadmap for Improving the Data Management of U.S. Chambers of Commerce" By Wes Trochlil, an American Chamber of Commerce Executives White Paper, June 1, 2007
Special Topics: Cybersecurity
- Membership Management Software Survey - Provides stats on customer relationship management software, including chamber preferences and satisfaction. Based on responses from 146 participants, compiled July 2015.
- Accounting Practices QuickPoll - Provides stats on accounting software and membership management software based on 265 poll participants, compiled August 2013.
- Chamber Websites QuickPoll - Provides stats on web advertising, purposes for web visits, mobile access, and site metrics, based on 259 poll participants, compiled April 2012.
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
See Related Chamberpedia Topics:
| Technology ManagementLast Updated: 12/18/2017