Technology such as phone systems, computers, and PDAs are sizeable chamber investments and impact the efficiency and effectiveness of staff. Ideas that integrate technology changes, RFPs for major purchases, and policies for staff use of technology will be located below. For general information on websites, including design tips, visit our Chamberpedia pages on Websites
and CVB Websites
Articles, White Papers, Studies & Tools
- Technology Landscape for a Five-Star Chamber of Commerce - by Antonel Neculai, LinkedIn Pulse (April 2016)
- Communications and Technology - From the Horizon Initiative: Chambers 2025 issue of Chamber Executive magazine (Spring 2015)
- On-the-Job Tech: The Tech Skills You Need to Boost - By Alex Beall, Associations Now (June 2016)
- Leveraging Technology to Streamline Your Non-Dues Revenue (Or here's why your Chamber should ditch that underperforming networking social) - White Paper from ChamberMaster. Summary: Chambers rely on non-dues revenue to remain financially solvent. But what if increasing non-dues revenue didn’t necessarily mean hosting another golf tournament or Chamber dinner? What if you could boost revenue by using technology to bolster an underutilized service you may already be able to offer members?
- 2014 AMS Market Study, by Lehman Associates, LLC - A comprehensive study of associations’ use of and satisfaction with AMS, CRM, and other membership management applications.
- Doing Business the Right Way, by Anthony Parkes, CCE, Chamber Executive magazine (Summer 2014)
- ASAE's Technology Toolkit - Updated March 2014 from ASAE's Associations Now publication.
- Ahead of the Curve: Lessons on Technology and Growth from Small-Business Leaders - Free 2014 report for ACCE members; ACCE partner Microsoft commissioned this independent study by The Boston Consulting Group, an international management consulting firm.
- Changes Afoot: What's Next for the AMS Space? - article by Ernie Smith from ASAE (Sept. 2013)
- Chambers and Social Media: Definitions, Samples, How-To, and More - Compiled by Cathy Lada, American Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Study on Chambers' Use of Databases - "A Roadmap for Improving the Data Management of U.S. Chambers of Commerce" By Wes Trochlil, an American Chamber of Commerce Executives White Paper, June 1, 2007
Special Topics: Cybersecurity
- Managing a Business: Cybersecurity - This SBA reference resource provides guidance and security practices, including a Social Media Cyber-Vandalism Toolkit.
- 5 Takeaways from ISACA's State of Cyber Security report - "While 80 percent of security leaders believe their organization will experience a cyberattack this year, few feel equipped to deal with the rapidly changing threat environment, according to the 2017 survey by ISACA."
- The Five Biggest Cyber Threats and Skills to Combat Them - Guide from Utica College on today’s common IT security risks and how to prevent cyber attacks.
- 60% of small companies that suffer a cyber attack are out of business within six months - Simple steps can help you avoid a hack that could destroy your fortunes. Article by Gary Miller, Denver Post (October 2016)
- A Breach Can Happen to You: How Nonprofits Can Best Manage Cybersecurity Risk - Webinar recording from Venable, LLP (12/10/2015)
- Chamber Informs Members about Cyber Security - Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce's blog post and summary about their January 2014 event titled, “Hampton Roads Business Brief: Cyber Security in an Era of Leaks, Hackers, and Big Data.”
- Cyber Security: A National Imperative - Article by Will Burns, Maryland Chamber of Commerce (January 16, 2014)
- Tools for managing cybersecurity with checklists to engage in actionable discussion with technical teams and service providers:
- Cybersecurity for Small Business - Multiple cybersecurity resources for small business owners from the Federal Communications Commission.
- ICC Cyber Security Guide for Business - Download the International Chamber of Commerce's practical guide that offers businesses a simple process for raising awareness for online security.
- Select Cybersecurity Resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Seven Ways to Prevent Computer Hacking - The Detroit Regional Chamber offers seven simple, effective steps that small business owners and network administrators can take to protect their systems.
- See also Technology Related Events for a sampling of Cybersecurity and other tech-focused programs.
- Membership Management Software Survey - Provides stats on customer relationship management software, including chamber preferences and satisfaction. Based on responses from 146 participants, compiled July 2015.
- Accounting Practices QuickPoll - Provides stats on accounting software and membership management software based on 265 poll participants, compiled August 2013.
- Chamber Websites QuickPoll - Provides stats on web advertising, purposes for web visits, mobile access, and site metrics, based on 259 poll participants, compiled April 2012.
Convention & Seminar Resources
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
ACCE’s Partner Resources from Insperity
See Related Chamberpedia Topics:
| Technology ManagementLast Updated: 9/25/2017