Tourism and CVB
See Regional Branding
for samples and links to resources on community and regional branding.
Research & Whitepapers
Articles & Blog Posts
Award-Winning Chamber Examples
Special Events/Initiative Samples
Every destination offers something unique that makes it a distinct location. When a destination successfully capitalizes on that niche, it differentiates itself in the consumer’s mind and paves the way for future successes.
- Montana on the Mind -- In 2016-17, the Kalispell Chamber of Commerce and Convention and Visitor Bureau (KCVB) found a way to capitalize on the opportunity to attract tourists and increase regional awareness and teamed up with United Airlines for direct flights from San Francisco to Glacier Park International Airport. KCVB launched a PR campaign titled "Montana on the Mind," which won an ACCE Award for Communications Excellence (ACE) in 2017.
- Bassmaster Elite Series Tournament -- Early in 2013, the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce (Fla.) began contact with B.A.S.S. to get on their radar for the 2014 Elite Series Tournament. Immediately after being invited to submit a proposal, the chamber presented the opportunity to community partners, soliciting buy-in and the manpower necessary to stage the event. The chamber also secured funding to produce the festivities surrounding the tournament. Combined with a concurrent biking event and coverage on ESPN2, the economic impact to the area was estimated at more than $3 million for the weeklong event.
- “Southern Dozen” Greatest Motorcycle Rides -- The Johnson City Convention & Visitors Bureau (Tenn.), along with the local Harley Owners Group, created 12 motorcycle rides now known as the Southern Dozen to attract and cater to a demographic of visitors that had not always been widely accepted in the area and yet comprised one of the fastest-growing travel niches.
CVB Publications and Marketing Samples
Position Description Samples
Marketing Plan Samples
Programs of Work and Strategic Plan Samples
- Defining Tomorrow Strategic Plan 2015-2020 - The Billings Chamber of Commerce's (Mont.) strategic plan outlines objectives for 2015-2020, including Tourism.
- Program of Work (2014-2015) - Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce and Convention-Visitors Bureau's (Calif.) program of work document includes the chamber's mission and vision statements; board of directors and staff rosters; and lists the mission, goals and plans for each of the chamber's divisions.
- See more Programs of Work and Strategic Plans from ACCE's Samples Library
CVB/Tourism Associations and Other Resources
State Associations of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
Webinars & ACCE U Resources
Related Chamberpedia topics
| Tourism and CVBLast updated: 3/28/2018