Training and Seminars
Many chambers are in the training business, educating company representatives on how best to operate, grow and/or comply with requirements. Topics at such events range from social media skills to waste water treatment processes, from safety to sales.
As in many other areas of chamber work, partnering is critical for the success of training programs, with “talent” drawn from specialists, academia, practitioners, government agencies and industry trade groups to present the training. Fees are usually low for these training programs because they are considered benefits of membership and critical to chambers’ missions.
Non-member groups within a community or region are often convened by the chamber to achieve an element of its mission - high school students or teachers to talk about professions and opportunities in the region; emergency management entities; community foundation boards, etc.
ACCE Training & Programs
- Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) - Earn the only national certification for chamber professionals! The CCE program is designed to assess the applicant's knowledge of the four core chamber management areas - Management, Planning and Development, Membership and Communications, and Operations
- Webinar: Earning Your CCE - Certify your professionalism! If you have six or more years of senior-level chamber management experience and are now employed in a senior level chamber position, you could become a Certified Chamber Executive. (Oct 2017)
- Events Training Conference - Event planning education
Training for Chamber Staff
Chamber Accreditation Program
- U.S. Chamber Accreditation
- The U.S. Chamber Accreditation Process ACCE Webinar (12/8/2016) Presented by Ali Ehrlich, IOM, Director of Operations, Political Affairs and Federation Relations, U.S. Chamber of Commerce; Joe Henning, IOM, ACE, CAE, President & CEO, Aurora Regional Chamber of Commerce (Ill.), and Gary Mabrey, CCE, IOM, President & CEO, The Chamber of Commerce serving Johnson City (Tenn.). Presentation Handout also available for download.
| Events and Programs
| Training and SeminarsLast updated: 10/3/2018