Ways to Use Social Media
This list provides different ways and examples of how to use social media at your chamber.
- Amarillo Chamber of Commerce's (Texas) Social Media Campaign - describes the efforts the chamber has made via several platforms to increase awareness about the chamber and its mission. The chamber won awards from ACCE and the Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives for its campaign.
- Greater Des Moines Partnership (Iowa) - CarpeDM Seize Des Moines, a 2015 Industry Exemplar, is an integrated social media/marketing initiative that engages citizens to showcase Greater Des Moines as an attractive place for talented individuals to live and work. The campaign boosts local pride while helping draw prospective residents to the region. See Program Synopsis.
- Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce (Mass.) examples:
- Social Media Seminars every other month that are open to the public (this is done with the chamber's local cable access station and the local small business center).
- YouTube Days at the Chamber - once a month the chamber has an open house where the chambers films, edits, and uploads videos to YouTube for their members (promotional video, elevator speech, etc.)
- Social Media promotion - their members can send a weblink or flyer about a promotion or event that they have going on and the chamber posts it on Facebook and Twitter.
- Tweeting from big events - At the chamber's Legislative Breakfast this year they encouraged our members to tweet using hash tag #GLCoC. The chamber had the moderator give out the hash tag several times throughout the morning and was included on the program.
- The Prince William Chamber of Commerce (Va.) is using social media to promote its membership campaign, "I Belong (#PWChamber)." Members are asked to incorporate the "I Belong" signage and hashtag on posts to Facebook and Twitter. In exchange for helping to boost the chamber's profile, they have opportunities to win prizes and recognition.
Convention & Seminar Resources
Webinars & ACCE U Resources
We are seeking MORE EXAMPLES. Have one to share? We'd like to hear from you. Email HERO@acce.org
. Chamberpedia Home
| Communications and Marketing
| Social Media
| Ways to Use Social MediaLast updated: 8/8/2016