A well-designed and thought-out chamber website is a critical component of its brand, tool for member service, and gateway to the community, jobs and local information. Below are some samples of award-winning websites and information you can use to evaluate and update your own site. For information on Cybersecurity, visit our Technology Management
Design Trends to Watch
Award-Winning Examples of Chamber Websites & Apps
Samples of Chamber Websites
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce (S.C.) has a nicely designed, well-organized website with an especially good staff page - click for bios and contact info.
- Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber of Commerce (Ga.) rebranded their website in 2015 with a functional and user-friendly website with a clearly organized menu structure.
- Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce (Minn.), includes information about the Chamber, networking & news, membership, public policy, and a resource center with business resources and articles, maps, job openings, and economic snapshot.
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce (Colo.), includes Fort Collins Works website with videos, jobs scorecards, candidate positions, economic research, and much more.
- Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce (N.C.) - Site redesigned Summer 2014, includes easy access for members to join along with key focus areas placed prominently; excellent example of responsive web design.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce (Okla.) - Site updated February 2014 by Accrinet Corporation with "responsive design," which makes it viewable on all desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
- Johnson City Source Book (Tenn.) - A web publication from the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce (Tenn.) which serves as a resource tool for newcomers to the area and as a networking tool for businesses. The Source Book also serves as a non-dues revenue source for the chamber.
- Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce (Calif.) - Redesigned website includes information about the Monterey Peninsula, the Chamber, member services, upcoming events, relocation information, events, news, and visitor information.
- New Mexico Association of Commerce and Industry - Interactive website, mobile-friendly, social media emphasis, and business tools, this website serves as the "voice of New Mexico business."
- Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce (N.Y.) - Redesigned website (April 2017) features chamber membership, local businesses, events, a member spotlight, member resources, and growing a business in Rensselaer County.
- See also CVB Websites for more ideas on promoting tourism
- See all examples of Websites in ACCE's Samples Library
- Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce (N.Y.) Mobile App - Smartphone app that connect borough merchants with one another.
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce (S.C.) Mobile App - Stay in touch with what the Chamber is doing in the core areas of Advocacy, Business Development, Talent, and Membership.
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (N.C.) Mobile App - The Charlotte Chamber's mobile app enables chamber members and the community at large to access coupons provided by members.
- Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce (Tenn.) Mobile App - Free mobile app featuring news, events, and social media.
- Flower Mound Chamber of Commerce (Texas) App - Shop, dine, and check out the latest Hot Deals from Flower Mound Chamber members on MyChamberApp.
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce (Colo.) Mobile App - This app is resource for businesses in the Fort Collins Area. Use the mobile app to search for the membership directory, maps, events, social media, and more.
- Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce (Wash.) Mobile App - The GO Gig Harbor App has visitor info, local events, and special deal offerings from local businesses.
- Greater Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce (Ga.) Mobile App - App features give users access to location, alerts, social media, website, and much more.
- Greater Des Moines Partnership (Iowa) Get Active App - A mobile app that helps keep Des Moines active by providing a list of up-coming sporting events, encouraging planning and participation in wellness events, creating competition using social gaming features and leader boards, and engaging the community through Facebook integration and friend check-ins.
- Greater Summerville/Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce (S.C.) Mobile App - Stay connected with Chamber news, events, and members.
- Hampton Roads Chamber (Va.) My Chamber App - The only nationwide mobile directory of businesses owned and operated by local chamber members.
- Knoxville Chamber (Tenn.) Mobile App - Free app featuring social media, events, and member discounts.
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (S.C.) Free Mobile App - MBACC's free mobile app for Android, iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Blackberry is great tool to connect members and help business reach new customers. Features business directory, direct call, search function, deals and coupons, event feed, and news feed.
- Quincy Chamber of Commerce (Calif.) Mobile Apps - Available from ChamberNation and features events and news feeds, press releases, member directory, local business search, and more.
- The Richland Area Chamber of Commerce (Ohio) is offering members access to LocaLynx, a platform that allows users to develop “micro apps” that encourage consumers to buy from local vendors. (June 2016)
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce (Ore.) App - App includes a directory search, news, deals, and events.
- Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce (S.D.) App - This App is designed to be a complete resource for Chamber Members. Search the directory, browse events, read Chamber news, connect with Chamber staff members, access the Chamber website, join the Chamber, and stay in touch with social media feeds.
- Tucson Metro Chamber (Ariz.) - Read the latest business news, get help solving business challenges, learn how the Chamber is advocating on behalf of business, find when and where you can make new connections, sign up for special announcements, save with coupons and Hot Deals and more.
- How Will You Support Your New Mobile App After Launch? - from Mobile Marketer (12/8/2015)
Research & ACCE QuickPolls
Online Tools & Resources
- Be the Smartest Person in Your Association with Google Analytics - This eBook from WebLink International will help you use various reports to understand the demographics and behavior of your audience, test your website initiatives to improve website performance and use Google tools to ensure you stay one step ahead of your competition.
- Google - Get Your Business Online - Google's GYBO service is dedicated to growing small businesses by making it fast, easy, and free to get online.
- Website Audit Checklist - This free website checklist from WebLink International offers easy tips to audit your website and help you achieve optimum results in 15 days. Learn how to make improvements, increase traffic, and bring more value to you and your members.
- Chamber Executive Magazine
Convention & Seminar Resources
- Tap into Tech - Presentation from the ACCE 2017 Annual Convention in Nashville.
Videos, Webinars & ACCE U Resources
Related Chamberpedia Pages
| Communications and Marketing
| WebsitesLast Updated: 3/21/2018