Many times, chamber events center on specific constituencies. In hundreds of communities, chambers have established complete calendars of events and programs to serve large cadres of young professionals. YP entities and their events are often semi-autonomous from the chamberís regular calendar of programs. Events for young professionals can range from leadership series, happy hours, health and fitness groups and much more. Get an idea of the events you can offer from the samples below.
ACCE's Young Progessionals Organizers group
- ACCE's Young Professionals Organizers GoogleGroup email list and private Facebook group. Contact Molly Blankenship to be added.
- Recordings of group calls:
Articles and Online Research
- Young Professional (YP) Groups in Chambers of Commerce - 2016 Study on YP Groups in Chambers by Kenneth Lacho, W. J. Boasso Professor in Entrepreneurship at the University of New Orleans.
- Jefferson Chamber (La.) Young Professionals: A Case Study - 2016 Study by Kenneth Lacho and Erich N. Brockmann, at the University of New Orleans examines the Jefferson Chamber Young Professional (JCYP) group and their impact in the community.
- The Obvious Benefit That Young Members Are Looking For - by Joe Rominiecki, Associations Now (June 2016). A study suggests associations overlook the primary motivation for young members: jobs. Also important are conferences, networking, and advocacy.
- Instagram For Events: How Event Planners Can Engage Millennials - from Bizzabo Blog (2/25/2016)
- Speed and Trust: Why Millennials Need Both, by Maddie Grant, SocialFish (February 2016)
- Adapting Your Chamber For The Millennial Generation - Accrinet Blog series by Josh Dukelow, Vice President, Public Policy and Leadership, Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce (Wis.) (2015)
- New Study on Millennials Means Bad News for Chambers - blog post by Christina Green, from Frank J. Kenny Consulting (March 2014)
- 6 Critical Strategies for Recruiting, Engaging & Retaining Younger Members, article by Jay Handler, Membership180 (February 2014)
- #Hashtags and Happy Hours: 44 Fun Ideas to Engage Millenials - from WebLink International. Provides social media tips and event ideas.
- Four Challenges Associations Face in Engaging Young Professionals - e-Book from WebLink International discusses characteristics of each generation in the workforce, outlines the challenges facing associations in dealing with a multi-generational audience, and suggests strategies to effective engage younger professionals.
- Younger This Year: A Guide to Increasing Young Professional Membership - WebLink International
| Events and Programs
| Membership Management
| Young ProfessionalsLast updated: 11/20/2017